Snokeling and non-snorkeling

lilmufish

I know this was just posted a few threads ago, but I have a twist...My husband and I would like to do excursions together on our cruise... I've never been snorkeling before so I was wondering if there was anywhere that you would suggest that we could both go to, I try out the snorkeling and he relaxes on the beach or boat?

Our options:

Cozumel or Nassau (anytime of the day)

or

Costa maya (in the afternoon since we're going on an excursion that lasts until 12:30)

We don't have to do it at all three, just one place that ya'all would recommend....Somewhere in either of those three places that has the beginners snorkeling... i'd rather not be thrown off a boat and have to fend for myself ;)

Any suggestions welcome, TIA!

~jennie

I was in Costa Maya last year and didn't see a lot of snorkeling sites off the beach - they do share the Belizian reef though you'd have to find a tour operator to take you out into the ocean and go off a boat. Chachcoben ruins are great!

In Nassau, we took a day sail with Barefoot Sailing and while I enjoyed the snorkeling from the boat, DH stayed on board and enjoyed the beautiful views. He thought the water was too cold. :) We were provided with a great bbq lunch and when we anchored off the beach at Rose Island, a couple of people swam to shore and enjoyed the beach.

barefootsailingcruises.com

Archived