Flight from VA to FL for April CB Princess Cruise

riggrnr

I know you didn't ask, but make a comparison between what Princess charged you and what you would have paid for air on AirTran (especially when they have sales). I know Richmond, up until the last year or two, didn't have service from low cost carriers.

Cruise lines have deals with most airlines, they will use whoever gives them the best rate for that day. Don't be suprised if you have a 6am flight. You will find most veteran cruisers fly out the day before and book a hotel and don't book through the cruiseline. This allows you to sleep in the day of your cruise so you aren't falling asleep at dinnertime because you had to get up at 4am for that 6am flight.

I think this far out you still have the option of cancelling the cruiseline air and booking your own. Choose your own flights/time. Usually save a bundle for domestic flights, in fact enough to take care of hotel accomodations and other expenses for traveling a day early.

I too will be leaving in April with Royal. and we purchsed the air package also to me this was very beneficial for us cause doing the research of buyin own air was either way more expesive or balanced out, and with booking the air thru the cruise we sacve on the trasnfer charges and they meet us and take us to the ship. I may have chosen the day before option if we were traveling with the kids for obvious reasons but for just me and the wife we will be fine with same day travel. Yes Airtran flies from here and usually is best for the lowest fares but again for the convience of not dishin out addt'l $$$ during the vacation we chose not to go that route.

Keep in mind also being that you also chose the air package and the cruise will be choosing your air what airline you get maybe different that the one I get for the same month and I leave on the 13th. If I am not mistaken you should receive your doc soon which will contain all the info and from what I was reading in the brochure the tickets will be issued as "E Tickets" which too me saves time at check in espicially here at RIC, touch base with us to let us/me know what airline they provided you, thank and good luck

Archived