Catamaran Tour With Turtle Swim

travelbugs2

There are several different tours offered. Last month, we did Tiami, Sail, Turtles and Beach -- LOVED it. I'd say there were maybe 25 - 30 people on our catamaran and it was not crowded at all; it was very spacious.

The day I was in Barbados, the Tiami catamaran had close to 50 people on it per some of our fellow cruisecritic friends. We were on the Silvermoon with only 10 of us total onboard.

Last week we were on the El Tigre for the Sail, turtle, ship wreck, lunch tour. 25-30 people, not crowded. Very nice tour. I booked them through their site. Cheaper than the cruise line and fewer people. Got back to the ship well before we set sail for the next port.

We did the Tiami tour (with lunch) a couple of weeks ago, and thought it was one of the best trips we have ever done! There were about 50 on the boat, but the capacity is over 100, so it was definitely not crowded - and it really didn't feel like there were that many on there! Lots of space to laze around either at the front, the back, or inside in the shade if you want.

The crew were fantastic, and the service they provided was 1st class - champagne when we arrived at the port, banana bread on board, tea and coffee available all day, a beautiful lunch and afternoon tea cakes. But best of all, of course - a free bar all day serving beer, wine, spirits, cocktails, juices - anything you wanted! All they asked was that we went easy on the alcohol until after we had snorkelled.

The snorkelling was great fun (my first attempt) - and we had 3 turtles swimming with us at one point. My eldest son was asked to help raise the sail, which he really enjoyed - and of course he had to buy the "crew" t-shirt before we disembarked (he was told to report for work at 6am the next day!!).

We would definitely do this trip again - quite an achievement to find something that suited all ages (10, 18, 21 - and us (40-something!!)).

This is an excursion that really interests us...can anyone who has done it tell me how the snorkeling was and were the reefs 'teaming' with fish as they suggest? I'd still be OK with some neat fish sightings since we love to snorkel and see what we can see, see, see....

Archived