Carnival and free juice or no?

newtocruising99

Hi,

I am bringing my kids on the Carnival Glory for a week. My kids don't drink soda so I was wondering if juice such as lemonade, apple juice etc is available at no cost at the bars near the pools etc or do I still need to purchase a soda card that would cover juice?

Also are non-alcoholic drinks free or no in the dining room?

thanks for your help.

Sue

Juice in the dining room at breakfast and at the buffet is free, but any juice ordered in a bar or lounge is charged. You can also get certain juices for free from room service. Soda cards are just for soda and not juices. The only beverages that are free in the dining room for all meals would be iced tea, certain juices and coffee. All soda and non-alcohol drinks such as virgin pina coladas are not free.

Sue, you might want to come over to the Carnival board for more specific answers.:)

Yes, Carnival provides plenty of juices in the cost of the cruise. There are dispensers on Lido Deck in the buffet area (which is open 24 hrs. a day). Usually, apple juice is available all day. For sure, lemonade and fruit punch are available all day long - in the dispensers. At b'fast, there will be other juices, such as orange, mango, pineapple.

Just ask your waiter in the dining room what juices are complimentary.

24 hr. room service has several kinds of juice...apple, orange, pineapple, tomato. No extra charge, of course - just tip the delivery guy $1 every time he brings a tray.

Juice in the dining room at breakfast and at the buffet is free, but any juice ordered in a bar or lounge is charged. You can also get certain juices for free from room service. Soda cards are just for soda and not juices. The only beverages that are free in the dining room for all meals would be iced tea, certain juices and coffee. All soda and non-alcohol drinks such as virgin pina coladas are not free.

what amazed me on Carnival Inspiration that lemonade in the dinningroom was a "bar item" and a charge for it -where as in the lido restuarant it is free-the waiter said it was because they had seperate kitchens (or I guess galleys is the proper word-but he did say "kitchens")-the lemonade they brought me in the dinningroom was in a Minute Maid can-they brought that and a glass of ice.

so I am sure if you ordered it from a bar-you would get the same lemonade. (Minute Mid in a can) I am sure the lemonade in the lido buffet is made from a mix or syrup.

Orange juice, Grapefruit juice and Mango juice are only available in the buffet in the morning. On the Glory you will have a small refrigerator in your cabin. If you bring a thermos with you, you can fill it in the morning and keep it available for your kids in the cabin. If your kids like milk or chocolate milk you can take a few of the half-pint containers from the buffet and keep them in the fridge as well. Fruit Punch and Lemonade will replace the juices in the dispensers when the change-over is made for lunch. I really like the fruit punch but both are very sweet. They are a sugar-rush waiting to happen for thirsty children.

Archived