Single Cruiser - Phantom Passenger?

SATXLady

Okay, I've signed up for a cruise with a group for next April. I signed up as me and "guest" for now with the understanding that I can add the name of the "guest" later. If I don't find someone else to go, I know I pay the same price for me alone as if two of us were going.

I'm signed up for an 8A and was told by the TA doing the booking that upgrades are possible. (It actually looks like more people on the group list are signed up for 8As than are available on the whole ship.) Will I have a better chance of an upgrade if it looks like there will be two of us than if it looks like there will be only one?

So, if I don't find anyone else to go, is there any advantage to going ahead and listing someone else as the second person and that person "not being able to make the trip at the last minute"? If there is shipboard credit for any reason applied to the cabin, would I still get the full credit for the cabin when "the other person can't make it".

Is there any advantage to being listed as the only person in the cabin?

Okay, I've signed up for a cruise with a group for next April. I signed up as me and "guest" for now with the understanding that I can add the name of the "guest" later. If I don't find someone else to go, I know I pay the same price for me alone as if two of us were going.

Actually you won't pay "the same price". If you go as a solo cruiser you pay 200% of the cruise cost but, you would pay only one Port charge, hense saving roughly $ 180.00

Spoilt

So, if I don't find anyone else to go, is there any advantage to going ahead and listing someone else as the second person and that person "not being able to make the trip at the last minute"? If there is shipboard credit for any reason applied to the cabin, would I still get the full credit for the cabin when "the other person can't make it".

Is there any advantage to being listed as the only person in the cabin?

I don't think there's any advantage actually listing a 2nd person's name on your booking with regard to upgrades etc. If it were me, I'd just leave it until you make final payment and then remove the "TBA" name slot. Also you should get the full shipboard credit as this is per "cabin" and not "per person". :)

Archived