Destiny - 7/04/04 - My Review (very long!)

gowolfpack

Gowolfpack, Great review!! A couple of ?'s What car rental did you use in Aruba ?? and how late can you keep it? Have heard that you must have your rental back by 5 pm.

We rented from a company called Top Drive. There are several rental booths right outside the pier - they all run together. Our jeep had to be back by 6pm I think, but we had it there around 5ish so we could get ready for Carlos & Charlie's!

Thanks for the great review! DW and I leave on the Destiny in 79 days. Thanks for the insight. We will definetly take note of your tips. We were wondering what to do in Aruba and getting away on our own in a jeep sounds like a great idea!!!

Very nice balanced review. As mentioned above, I like it when someone tells both the good and bad about their experience.

I cruised on the Destiny when she was a new ship out of Miami. Of course this was one of the first ships that had standard balcony cabins. It was a nice cruise.

I have to agree with you about the number of photo stations that Carnival sets up throughout the ship. It is totally ridiculous. On formal night you can forget about sitting down on the promenade deck due to all of the stations and lines.

Sorry that you had so many problems with the crew taking care of your cabin. There is no reason that it should have taken that many calls to get things corrected. Unfortunately "poor follow" through is one of Carnival's weakness. I want to try the southern itinerary out of San Juan but I want to try RCI's Adventure OTS. I am doing my first seven day cruise with RCI on the Navigator and will make my decision based on that cruise in December.

Thanks again for sharing your review.

gowolfpack

Great review. I too, hope not to get your cabin. Am glad that you posted the bad as well as the good. Planning to cruise on the Destiny in January and thanks for the insight. Glad that overall you had a good cruise. Hope that ours are just as good, without the cabin problems that you had encountered. Am looking forward to reading more reviews before we cruise. Still open about what to do in Dominica and Barbados. We do plan a couple of site seeing tours.

Archived