Enchantment Cruise Director

I returned yesterday from a three-day Bahamas cruise. It was my third Enchantment and I booked it so I could see the new and improved version. I thought it was fabulous....I love the ship and I brought a reluctant first-time cruiser with me telling her how much fun the cruise director was. I didn't know Matt Baker isn't running the show any more and the new person was a major disappointment. We found her stiff and humorless and boring. The activities staff was congenial but the program itself was just blah. The ship is beautiful, the staff very accommodating and friendly, the food was good, the comedian was very funny, and overall we really enjoyed the trip. We just missed the presence of Matt Baker. Does anyone know what ship he's on these days?

We had two larger inside cabins 8623 and 8627 and a junior suite 8616. I don't think they are in the new section, but it's hard to tell. Our accommodations were great...beds and bedding were excellent. All of us enjoyed good nights sleep. One thing I noticed about the outside cabin on deck 8....there was some noise from the pool deck above...shuffleboard perhaps. Next time, I may go a deck below. You should be fine on deck 7.

The disembarkation process is long and tedious. They call by luggage tag color and they don't wait for one color to finish before calling the next one or two. Consequently, the line is five deep on deck four and moving at a snails pace. And it's hot. When you finally get off you have to search for your luggage before proceeding to customs.

If you don't have to make travel connections here's a helpful hint. On the last morning, don't fight the crowd in the Windjammer. There aren't enough tables and they run out of plates and silverware with so many passengers eating at the same time (7:30 and 8:30). Instead have a gracious farewell breakfast in the My Fair Lady and sit and wait comfortably until the majority of passengers have left the ship. You'll see lots of people waiting in the lounges until the last minute. When they announce last call, simply walk off the ship. Your luggage will be easy to spot and customs will be eager to pass you through so they can be done. We waited and were off the ship before 10:30. Happy sailing!

Archived