Instead of the power strip

flagger

Could you use one of those outlets that plug into a two plug outlet and turns it into a six plug outlet? Would it fit in the one by the desk on the M-Class ships? We have a few extras around the house and just seems like it would be easier to shlep than a power strip and cord. Plus who knows what security would think of it while being x-rayed. However if it would not plug in to the outlet by the desk (or whereever it is in the room) I will just shlep the strip.

Flag!

All I can tell you is if the plug is the same as the 3 prong on a strip--it'll work!!! We always take the strip, but any 3 prong will work! Have a GREAT trip--had any good "V Sat"--wine lately????

Remember JNL, I really do not drink anymore so no more V. Sat for me. It is and will be our favourite Napa Valley Winery.

Well I wish I could find a picture of this plug. It has two sets of three prongs that come out the back and on the face is six (3-prong) outlets. In some locations, it will not work because the outlet you are trying to plug this thing into is recessed between some trim or something else so it would fit or stay plugged in. I have looked at some of the pictures of CC class cabins and really cannot tell if it will work or not.

Maybe someone reading this thread with recent experience will know what I am talking about and can tell me if it would work. Or I could take a picture of it to show what I am talking about.

Hey Flag, I am guessing it may not work! If I remember correctly, the edge of the mirror has some wall or something by it which might make the fit too tight. Let me look at my pix & see if I have one of the outlet--I know I took some pix of it just for this reason.

Phil!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Flag, I just looked & cn't find the exact pix--but I really don't think one that is too "wide" will work!

Hope this helps! Take the power strip!

We were just on the Summit in Concierge Class 9108. The plug you describe would not work on the desk in that room. I couldn't even use the extra hairdryer in that outlet because of the shape of it's plug. On the left hand side of the desk, there are 2 outlets that are what we are used to in America. On the right hand side are two outlets that I think are European. I ended up using a power strip that had a regular three prong plug, about 2 feet of cord, and then 6 outlets in a row. It worked well for me.

If I'm not clear, please forgive me and ask me questions.

Bobbi

Flag, Trust me on this--take the strip--an extension cord might also be a GREAT idea if you have re-chargeable batteries & other appliances!!! We used it a LOT on the last several cruises!

Ok thanks that is exactly what I wanted to know.

Phil, I need extra outlets for my digital camera, my portable DVD player, my cellphone, rechargeable walkie talkies, my laptop, my iron, the element you can drop in water to heat it up, and Ms. Flagger's more "personal" items. :D

I have attached an image of what I was talking about.

IMG_0002.JPG.d01b0b010090e12eb6952956357d6375.JPG

I think I will need two power strips, I forgot all about the stuff the baby needs.

The boombox, the white noise machine, plus my Playstation 2, my rolling plug in cooler for all my smuggled soda, and anything else that will annoy the h*ll out of Danno. :D:D:D

But seriously, thanks for those who answered my query.

On the Constellation, there were two US type outlets and to UK type next to the desk. We had brought one of the 1 to 3 outlet expanders instead of a power strip and it worked fine. It is a lot smaller. Almost all our stuff is dual voltage and we don't need that many outlets so an outlet adapter to change plug shapes would have been fine to.

I can't remember if there was anything unusual about the plug spacing - that could interfere with the 2 plug to 6 plug thing.

Also, one does have to think about how much one is plugging in or one could blow the breaker.

Flagger, when you hook all this stuff up and turn it on, will the lights and hair dryers on the rest of the ship now be working at much less capacity because you are using all the available output of the onboard turbines?? Will there be enough electricity left for the chef to cook our meals? Oh, the thought of eating room temperature leftovers on formal night, while I have my Sunday go to meetin' clothes on..;)

Guest alexMD

From what I hear, outlets are few and far between in cabins. I know there aren't that many in the suites either. When you bring as much equipment as some people, you will definitely need a way to make more sockets.

I'd have to agree that the 2-to-6 outlet thing that flagger has probably won't fit because of the ledge that I seem to recall. I bring a smalll powerbar with a 3 foot cord.

Now that I'm bringing the blender and the crock-pot, I'll probably also bring my portable generator with me. I can set it up on the balcony where the purr will provide all the white noise I need.

Archived