Need info on day of debarkation...

MamaParrotHead

Our first cruise it was a NIGHTMARE (Miami), didn't get off the ship until well past 12:30 and had to reschedule our 2:00 flight.

This time (cruising in and out of Miami again) we booked a 4:30 flight out of FLL.

So my questions are these.

What kind of ballpark time am I looking at to be one of the last of the ship?

Are the bars/Lido buffet open the entire time? I know the bars are on a cash only basis at that point.

What time would be most likely kicked out of our cabin/s?

We're debating between doing self-debarkation and searching for somewhere to store our luggage and doing something "touristy", doing a Carnival post-cruise Art Deco tour/FLL transfer excursion or waiting til the last minute and just cabbing it to FLL.

Any thoughts?

Our first cruise it was a NIGHTMARE (Miami), didn't get off the ship until well past 12:30 and had to reschedule our 2:00 flight.

This time (cruising in and out of Miami again) we booked a 4:30 flight out of FLL.

So my questions are these.

What kind of ballpark time am I looking at to be one of the last of the ship?

Are the bars/Lido buffet open the entire time? I know the bars are on a cash only basis at that point.

What time would be most likely kicked out of our cabin/s?

We're debating between doing self-debarkation and searching for somewhere to store our luggage and doing something "touristy", doing a Carnival post-cruise Art Deco tour/FLL transfer excursion or waiting til the last minute and just cabbing it to FLL.

Any thoughts?

11am the latest as a rule.

Main bar ussually open the whole time.

Kicked out at around 8-9 am. I always tip the steward and we stay until 10-10.30.

Steve

Nov06, we sailed out of Miami(Imagination), however, the day b/4 we set sail & theday after we stayed in a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

Our travel agent informed us that flying in & out of FLL, is better than Miami.

On disembarkation day, we were told by one of the staff,crew, security personel, that if we left bags out the night b/4 & used a "porter" to carry our luggage the next day, we would get off the ship quicker.

It worked!!!:) :D From the time we left our cabin to the time we were picked up by a car rental shuttle, only took about 15-20mins.

The porter p/u our luggage & told us to have our passports in hand & to stay to the left of him.

He took us to the FRONT of the line, bypassing everyone else who was carrying their own luggage off.

I must admit, the whole process took a LOT LESS time than I expected.

The customs people didn't even take our passports from our hands...we held out our opened passports & they flipped thru them while still in our hands & then told us we were clear to go.

Needless to say, we were VERY PLEASED!!!:D

BTW...We NEVER Fly the Same Day.(coming or going)We Always Fly a Day or Two Before we have to be somewhere & Fly Back Home the Day After we Finish what we are doing.

Archived