Ground Transportation from MCO to Port Canaveral

cupidgurl

I have seen some posts where cruisers have rented a car from Budget. I understand there is a budget rental place near port canaveral where we can drop the car off and then rent another one back to MCO. This option seems to costs less than taking a taxi, or van service. My question is how does one get from the budget rental place to port canaveral and back? Does Budget provide free pick up to and from port canaveral?

Gina

Yes, Budget will have a van shuttle to take and pick you up from the pier. Been there done that and have it booked for September '07. There is also Thrifty and Avis car rental location that will do the same.

We have done the rental car thing in the past, not a bad option if you can get good rates, but you have to stop to "top off the tank" before you return the car. This time we are going to use http://www.pricelesstransportation.com/rates/rates=mco.htm

They seem to have pretty good rates, plus you don't have to do a thing but relax on the way to the port.

:)

We used Budget and it was great. I also signed up for the fast break option on the website (from this board). With that, you don't have to wait in line in Orlando, you can just walk right to the parking garage and get your car. There is a kiosk right there but you have to be a fast break member. At least that is the way it was in April 2005. I hadn't even received a card but brought my printed confirmation and it was fine. We dropped off in Cocoa Beach and only waited just a few minutes for someone to check the car and the shuttle was ready. The driver was wonderful and a past employee of Disney Cruise Lines. He asked if we needed a ride on the way back which we didn't but gave that information to those who were. The location is right on A1A which is the "strip" in Cocoa Beach just a few minutes from the port. I would rent a car again with Budget...very impressed.

We have done the rental car thing in the past, not a bad option if you can get good rates, but you have to stop to "top off the tank" before you return the car. This time we are going to use http://www.pricelesstransportation.com/rates/rates=mco.htm

They seem to have pretty good rates, plus you don't have to do a thing but relax on the way to the port.

:)

Let us know how this goes. I am looking at transportation options.

Archived