Getting in touch with Nativeway

Melmo

I have sent several emails to Nativeway using the reservations link on their site. I have not heard back from them. Can anybody tell me how to book a tour with them? I really want to do the RRR tour, but we are running out of time.

I have sent several emails to Nativeway using the reservations link on their site. I have not heard back from them. Can anybody tell me how to book a tour with them? I really want to do the RRR tour, but we are running out of time.

I currently have the same issue, but have only emailed once (several days ago). I will be interested in the advice you receive about contacting them.

Hello! I emailed them on the 5th and then again on the 7th after I realized I had left some info out. They responded to me last night with all of the information I requested. You might just want to send them another email.

It worked for me...!

I am currently trying to decide if I want to do the RRR tour. Have either of you been on it before and how does it compare to Buccaneer or Capt Marvin?

Thanks!

Hello! I emailed them on the 5th and then again on the 7th after I realized I had left some info out. They responded to me last night with all of the information I requested. You might just want to send them another email.

It worked for me...!

I am currently trying to decide if I want to do the RRR tour. Have either of you been on it before and how does it compare to Buccaneer or Capt Marvin?

Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I just re-mailed my request, so maybe they'll respond.

I am trying to book the RRR tour. I did the Rays and snorkel excursion w/ Captain Marvin several years ago and was very pleased w/ them. Having done the rays before, it wasn't a priority to do it this time. But Grand Cayman will be the best snorkeling opportunity of our cruise and I wanted to make sure I included that, especially for DH. And having read some great things about Rum Point made the RRR tour seem like our best bet. My 2nd choice is the jeep tour that goes to Rum Point - but no good snorkeling w/ that option.

Good luck w/ your decision. I'm sure you'll have a great time no matter which you choose.

I've done 2 tours with them and have a 3rd booked, no problems, highly recommend.

I don't know what's on the website, but try the address: nativway@candw.ky

Sharon at Nativeway always responds to anything I sent to that address (including 2 messages last week), although iot may take a day or two.

I've done 2 tours with them and have a 3rd booked, no problems, highly recommend.

I don't know what's on the website, but try the address: nativway@candw.ky

Sharon at Nativeway always responds to anything I sent to that address (including 2 messages last week), although iot may take a day or two.

Well, it's good to know that you've been pleased w/ them. The address you posted is the same one that's listed on their website to book their tours through. Maybe they've just gotten behind in responding.

Oh boy, it has been a busy day, and I just got to check this thread. Thank you so much for the info. I am going to try again. Maybe they will be fast, because my date is so close, now.

My cousin did this tour a couple months ago and LOVED it. Since I picked it out before I had her recommendation, I decided this was the one for us.

Thanks again!

We used Nativeway last year in GC (Island tour w/ stringrays plus we were able to reef snorkle) and are booked with them again for our April cruise (RRR this time). One problem I had was that sometimes their e-mail would get caught in a SPAM filter. If haven't heard from them in 48 hours try checking your e-mail filter settings

Just HAD to chime in and say the Rays, Reef & Rum Point excursion with NativeWay is awesome! My boys & I did it this past June. Sharon and the guides were so sweet and great fun. They LOVE what they do. You can't go wrong with them. Have a GREAT time - I know you will!!

Just HAD to chime in and say the Rays, Reef & Rum Point excursion with NativeWay is awesome! My boys & I did it this past June. Sharon and the guides were so sweet and great fun. They LOVE what they do. You can't go wrong with them. Have a GREAT time - I know you will!!

How old are your boys? I want to plan this for our Feb cruise and some in our group have younger kids (4,6,8). My kids are 11, 14 and I'm sure would love it (they've swam with the stingrays before, but haven't snorkled). Can you tell me how it all worked out -- timing? how long with the stingrays? how long snorkling? what was for lunch at Rum Point? how long were you there?

FYI - Sharon has been really responsive via email. I emailed her twice in the past week and both times she has gotten back to me very quickly.

Hey....has anyone had any issues with faxing the credit card information to them? I really don't like to fax things like that but, if everyone else has done it without problem, I suppose it will be okay!!!

Also..can you pay with the credit card info that you fax to them? Or do you have to pay them at the time of the tour with cash?

Thanks!

How old are your boys? I want to plan this for our Feb cruise and some in our group have younger kids (4,6,8). My kids are 11, 14 and I'm sure would love it (they've swam with the stingrays before, but haven't snorkled). Can you tell me how it all worked out -- timing? how long with the stingrays? how long snorkling? what was for lunch at Rum Point? how long were you there?

FYI - Sharon has been really responsive via email. I emailed her twice in the past week and both times she has gotten back to me very quickly.

TennisLover: My boys are 16 and 12. We all had a great time. GC being a tender port, we made sure we were up and out pretty early. Our ship (RCI's Rhapsody) had first come, first served tendering from 7 till 7:45 and we were to meet Sharon at 8:15. We got on the tender at 7:45 and met up with her no problem. Their boat was nice and spacious with lots of shade and lots of sunny areas, too. We went to Stingray City first. Were one of the first boats there. The guides on board were wonderful and helpful and so much fun. They were especially attentive to the smaller children getting them into the water and up close with the rays. We had plenty of time there. Then we were off the the reef snorkeling which is just a minute or two from the stingrays. Plenty of time there, too. On board their boat they pass around the Rum Point menu and everyone places their orders with the guides who call it in so it's ready when you arrive. It was a pretty extensive menu for such a small place. I remember I had the "catch of the day" that came with fries and I think a cole slaw and drink. It do remember it was quite good. Everyone seemed to like whatever they ordered. We were at Rum Point about 1 1/2 hours or so. Plenty of time to relax in the hammock and check out the gift shop. One of our guides had a soccer ball and played soccer with my son on the beach for a while. They had such a good time. Had a cold beer ($7 for a bottle of beer!! :eek: ) By the time you get to Rum Point and have eaten and relaxed, I think the best part was the fresh water outdoor shower! Lord that felt good to get all that salt off! By the time your excursion is complete there is very little time for souvenier shopping back by the pier. Probably not enough time, really, especially since you have to catch a tender back to the ship. Best to pick up your souveniers at Rum Point. Also, try to avoid that last tender - it's a booger! One thing I didn't mention is the videographer. The videographer is with you filming everyone during the whole excursion including underwater with the rays and just having fun at Rum Point. They sell the DVD for $60 and at the time I didn't want to spend that much, but now I regret not buying it. It was such a great day, it would be fun to be able to watch it! So I suggest you spring for the extra bucks and get the DVD! I wish I had!

Our experience was very similar to Dukefamily.

A few menu items I remember -

Mahimahi

Conch Fritters

Jerk Pork

chicken breast

burger

some of these were available as a sandwich or as a platter

I believe there was a choice between fries and rice with red beans for the side

ice tea was included

all pretty good!

I got my response today. Sharon has reserved our spot, yippee! Thank you everyone. I was also wondering about the credit card being faxed. Did anybody else have to do this? She said the line was secure, but I never really heard of such a thing. hmm

yes, I had to fax my credit card info to her too. She said it goes into a locked office and she is the only one that has the key. I submitted my credit info in October.....and I havent had any unauthorized charges. They dont charge your card, its just to reserve your spot and in case of a no show. You can pay after the excursion rather it be cash or credit. I hope this helps out.

I hope you have as great a time as we did with Nativeway. It was definitely the highlight of our cruise for us and our kids (13,15,17). We did not have any trouble with faxing our CC info to them. We paid cash at the end of the tour. We also sprung for the DVD ($60) it came in the mail last week and is wonderful. We are so glad we bought it!

Archived