Opera 2/5/07

satnightcruiser

yes my husband and i will be sailing on this cruise. We liked the itinerary

and we got a good price. Have sailed 25 plus cruises on Celebrity RCCL

Princess NCL and a few lines no longer in business. I hear lots of mixed

reviews on this cruiseline too. I will have to judge it for myself.

Anyone going on this trip. Not really much activity on this board. What I'm reading is not really impressive. We need recent reviews.:) :)
Check back in couple days,there should be lots of reports from the 1/07-1/14/07 sailing of the QVC charter group.

Noticed your posts, so will give short reply. Hope you have better luck on Opera than we did with QVC. best thing was entertainment--no complaints there. can't say as much for food, service, employees, drinks, activities, shopping on board, etc. have cruised 12 times in past; will never repeat MSC lines. I'm used to excellent service, attentive servers, pampering and just plain ole' "great service" and definitely was not availalbe on MSC. won't elaborate further. hope your experience is better than ours was.

Noticed your posts, so will give short reply. Hope you have better luck on Opera than we did with QVC. best thing was entertainment--no complaints there. can't say as much for food, service, employees, drinks, activities, shopping on board, etc. have cruised 12 times in past; will never repeat MSC lines. I'm used to excellent service, attentive servers, pampering and just plain ole' "great service" and definitely was not availalbe on MSC. won't elaborate further. hope your experience is better than ours was. thankfully we made lots of NEW FRIENDS and we made the best of the situation and if not for that, it would have been a very unenjoyable venture.

Go to Cruise Addicts, register and then on the home page scroll down to the CRUISE LINES. Go to MSC and then look for the message - MINI REVIEW MSC OPERA. There are ten reviews, you will be reading for an hour.

I will be on the OPERA ON 3/10.

Ciao,

Joyce :o

I sailed with the QVC group on the MSC Opera, Jan. 7-14 and was disappointed with the food and service of the staff of the ship. Realizing that there was nothing we could do and couldn't leave, we tried to make the best of it and enjoy what we could.

We won't sail that ship or line again.

• 2 weeks later...

Me Mate and I will be cruising with you on 2/05 along with another couple. We like to sometimes play trivia and Me Matey likes to drink beer. Are you trivia players? We did a transatlantic cruise on the Lirica and while we found it somewhat different, we did enjoy the cruise. We even formed a trivia team from people we met via the internet. This will be our 18th cruise.

Archived