Rain Gear

kapcruiser

I know this may sound like a dumb question so some of you but, I was wondering do we need to pack umbrellas and ponchos? We are sailing in the western carribean. There are 5 of us, so packing umbrellas and ponchos sometimes a pain, we always bring them to disney but that is different.

O.K., I'm the minority here. We've never packed a poncho or umbrella. If it rains, we get wet. The sun comes back out and we dry. We've never been more than slightly wet (unless we were in the water, of course) and we've never been uncomfortable. I'm on vacation. I don't want the responsibility of keeping up with "gear". This is just my opinion.

Pungo, I'm with you on this one... I would never have thought (and still never will) of packing an umbrella or poncho... my suitcases are full enough as it is! LOL! But then again, I'm not one to carry an umbrella around at home either... it's just water... although I like to think I'm made up of sugar, I have come to realize i'm not :D If it's raining to hard, I head indoors....

Oooh! Thanks for the info. Cotton! I have had to take umbrellas before and it was a pain in the behind. I got caught in a torrential downpour at Key West once and have always brought a couple small umbrellas in my bag with me ever since then. There's nothing worse than to get caught out in the open during a downpour! We were soaked through to the bone for our entire time on the island. My husband didn't want to go back to the ship so we just made do with what we had and tried to dry off the best we could. I hated it! Those $1 panchos sounds like a very good idea. We have a dollar tree just down the street. I think I'll pick some up the next time I go by there. Thanks!

Our last visit to Grand Cayman, we were just going to do a little shopping, so we weren't in a hurry to be on hte first tender.

After sleeping in, eating breakfast, when we went to get on a tender about 11am it was pouring and the sky looked like it was going to stay that way. So we stayed on the ship to see if the rain would pass. It did, but till about 1pm and the last tender back to the ship was at 230-sooo

we just stayed on board :(

So now we take the cheap ponchos with us- got them at Ace Hardware for 1.20 and so far, havent had to use them and they take up no room in your suitcases!

We talked to our tablemates that night at dinner and they said they got soaked in town- I mean really soaked!

Archived