Priceline and Caribe Hilton

I am wanting to bid on Priceline for a room at the Caribe Hilton in San Juan for February 21. When I enter the information in Priceline how do I know that I will get the Caribe? I know that some of you have stated that you have gotten a room in February for $100. How did you do this? Thanks for the help.

Nancy

Basically, when you bid on Priceline you are bidding on a particular category of hotel (1 star, 2 stars, 4 stars, etc.) in a particular location. The reason you get a low price is because you don't know which hotel you will get. Once your bid is accepted, the sale is final and you cannot change your mind if you don't like the hotel that was assigned. As mentioned, refer to www.biddingfortravel.com for advice on using Priceline. Check their list of of hotels for San Juan that people have gotten when they bid on a certain category of hotel. There is no guarantee that you will get one of those hotels, but it gives you a good idea of what people that have bid in the past got when they bid on a 4 star hotel or a 3 star hotel, etc. The most important thing to remember is that your money is locked in when your bid is accepted. If you are not comfortable with this, Priceline is not for you.

Archived