Tennis on Millenium?

MonicaL

Thank you for your responses. However, I did some looking around after I put up this post and on cruisereviews.com, someone said thatthe basketball court can be converted to a tennis court and it showed a picture. I guess I'm still wondering if I ned to bring a racket? Thanks!

Thank you for your responses. However, I did some looking around after I put up this post and on cruisereviews.com, someone said thatthe basketball court can be converted to a tennis court and it showed a picture. I guess I'm still wondering if I ned to bring a racket? Thanks!

Hi Monica .... Celebrity's site says that they have "paddle tennis" (a 'miniature form of tennis') which is what the picture must have been of that you saw. I think they will have racquets on board since it's not a regulation size court and perhaps smaller racquets are used ? http://www.celebritycruises.com/whyceleb/heroSingleTxtSub.do;jsessionid=000009whv0BgJ353DljuxZsjGHK:1028etrd4?pagename=sports

No tennis and it would be hoggish to monopolize the basketball courts which could be used by many to accomodate the few who could play tennis at once.

There is plenty of TABLE tennis however.

On Summit we never saw anyone playing basketball so we could always play paddle tennis. Table tennis however was always crowded.

This was a couple of years ago, but I remember playing some sort of "tennis" game with my hubby late on the last night of the cruise...we had the ship virtually to ourselves so we goofed around with that and basketball, neither were sucessfull since the ship was swaying. There was even a heated game of shuffleboard, haha! If I remember right, there are benches on the insides of the court which have racquets, balls, ect. It was SO much fun and I hope you find time, and patient people, to let you enjoy it!

Archived