Nativeway Tour With Carnival Valor

pjfnme

Hello. Anyone who has done the RRR Nativeway tour while onboard the Carnival Valor? The ship is showing to dock at 7am in Grand Cayman..I am worried, however, about being able to get off the ship & to the meeting point by 8:30am. Has anyone had any problems doing this?

Do you just go down & meet at the tender location with the early Carnival shore excursion groups??

I want to make sure we get off the boat as quickly as possible after docking.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

This is what we did last June on the Valor and we were on a tighter schedule than you because during DST the Valor sets the clock back one hour on Monday night....... that put us on the same time as GC.

After reading a lot of tips on here about getting off on the earliest possible tender I printed off the e-mail with our meeting times and went to the Info desk (Lobby Deck) to ask them about getting on the first tender. She said to just show up early and go down the steps (near the Info desk.... you can't miss them) early the next morning.

We showed up a bit early and sure enough we were able to just head right to the first tender and were one of the first people to get on. I would check with the info desk the day before like we did just to make sure you can still do that.

I'm considering this now for our Feb cruise and had the same concern. I emailed Native Way and they said it is no problem. The ship arrives at 8 am, but I think that is 7 am local time, so no problem getting to them by 9 am local time (I think this time thing will make me crazy). We'll be on Navigator and I don't think we will be changing time zones on the ship (although I better check). Native Way said they have other cruisers from our ship signed up (taking this with a grain of salt because of course they want our business).

If I were you, I'd double check on the ship changing time. I was on Carnival Fascination 2 weeks ago and we didn't change time in Cozumel.

EDITED: Just noticed that Native Way tour is at 9 am EASTERN TIME, not local time. I'll have to talk to them again about this....

Archived