Destiny question - need advice

jimbug

I asked this on the RCCL board, now let me ask you guys…

We are currently booked on the Destiny for August, but just recently, the price has dropped on the RCCL Adventure of the Seas the same week, and they are now within a few dollars of each other. The AOS itinerary goes to Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas, while Destiny visits St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Lucia, Barbados, and Antigua.

Is the Voyager-class ship experience (something I’ve always wanted to do) worth missing out on a 5th port, and missing all of the Destiny ports, except St. Thomas, altogether? The folks on the RCCL board offered up some pretty convincing information to switch…so now I’d like to hear from the Carnival fans…is there a good reason why I should stick with Destiny?

Thanks in advance!

I asked this on the RCCL board, now let me ask you guys…

We are currently booked on the Destiny for August, but just recently, the price has dropped on the RCCL Adventure of the Seas the same week, and they are now within a few dollars of each other. The AOS itinerary goes to Aruba, Curacao, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas, while Destiny visits St. Thomas, Dominica, St. Lucia, Barbados, and Antigua.

Is the Voyager-class ship experience (something I’ve always wanted to do) worth missing out on a 5th port, and missing all of the Destiny ports, except St. Thomas, altogether? The folks on the RCCL board offered up some pretty convincing information to switch…so now I’d like to hear from the Carnival fans…is there a good reason why I should stick with Destiny?

Thanks in advance!

If the cost was nearly the same, I would choose the newer ship with more bells and whistles every time. I don't see enough difference in the itineraries to make any difference but that is my preference.

If the ships were reversed and the Carnival ship was bigger and newer I would pick Carnival. In this case, go get your Voyager class experience!

Thanks, guys. It's an overwhelming majority vote to switch. Now, I'm just going to talk to my travel companion and make sure she's up for it. It's her first cruise, so I want it to be spectacular, and I'm pretty sure the AOS will provide that for us. (Not that Destiny wouldn't, just not on such a grand scale!)

Archived