REEF Club not as crowded?

IDKaren

IN looking over all the beach clubs- they all look good but Paradise and Play Uva look pretty crowded with cruise ships all going there. I am thinking about REEF club- has anyone been there recently and how was it? Thank!

We were there in October and liked it (see related thread). We will be in Coz next week, and decided against it, simply because we don't plan on being at a beach long enough to make it worthwhile. Doing Playa Uvas instead on a non all you can drink basis - they limit admission and there are 6 ships in port on our day. Paradise Beach also looks great, just a bit worried about the crowd on our day.

Unlike some of the other beach clubs Play Uvas limits the amount of guests per day so it looks to be less crowded

Reef Club also gets good reviews and seems to be more uncrowded

Uvas has all inclusive packages as does Reef club so either would be a good choice for that

If you just want a shorter time at the beach I think you can get a lounger and a drink at Uvas for $7 and buy food etc a la carte. Even so you should make a reservation cause they do LIMIT the amount of people instead of packing em in like sardines

The pictures of wall to wall loungers and kids etc are NOT of reef or Uvas JMO...some of the other beach clubs get pretty crowded on a day with a lot of ships

you can also check how many ships are in port on your day,

http://www.cruisecalc.com

if there are a lot of ships there with yours, that might influence your decision...hth

I just got back from the Reef Resort on January 6th. I did the all inclusive for the day. It is way less crowded than Paradise Beach. The food was pretty good. You can choose from hamburgers, pizza, bbq chicken, ribs, and they had fries and nachos. They have two trampoleens and a climber in the water. They have single and double kayaks, windsurfing, snorkeling, vollyball, that are included in the price. You can also rent the clear kayak, wave runners, or get a ride on the big banana for additional fee. YOU MUST WEAR WATER SHOES IN THE WATER. They don't call this reef resort for nothing.

My son and I sorkel, and kayak and had a great time. My only negative thing is the liquor they used. It was very cheap liquor. I was willing to pay more for the better type, but to no avail. If you like better liquor, get some on the way over and have them use that liquor for you. If you are a beer drinker than you will not have any problems at all.

They had 2 or 3 pools and one had a swim up bar, one had vollyball, and I did not see the 3rd one, but I was told they had another one. They also had a game of bingo for prizes when I was there.

From the beach I could see Paradise Beach and that looked packed. My 11yr old son loved everything about the place. The snorkeling I thought was pretty good to great in some areas. My 16yr old daughter also enjoyed the place even though she mainly just laid out.

I hope this helps some people.

Hello How do you book this Reef resort? thanks Jeanine

In the email I received from Reef they said no reservation was required to just come on down and pay your money..

WHat I am wondering- does anyone know if the Reef has a pay as you go plan and not all inclusive? I just don't know after a week on a cruise ship if we can get that much out of an all you can eat and drink..that is $80 a couple and I think I could buy a lot of individual beers or meals!

Archived