~Ok......QUESTION......What do you think of new board NOW?~

Now that a lot of us have had time to learn the new board pretty good......What's your thoughts? ........I know I personally like it much better as it's much faster and easier to navigate ......The graphics are better and easier to work with .....It just seems so much better .....I, like a lot of you, thought this is not going to be good but change is always different ........I just got in there and learned it and now it is so much better than the old board ......Thanks Laura, Kathleen and all the people that got this new board for us!:D ........Ok, what's YOUR thoughts CCers?

Randy, at first I did not think I would like it but NOW, I like it MUCH better than the old boards. I think it is much more "user friendly"... The search function WORKS (you may want to get that word out though :rolleyes: ) They are much faster as well... The fact that you can disable the sigs and pics makes loading much faster... I like being able to see who is on the same thread as I am... and one of the best parts is now, navigating elsewhere on the site brings up a new window... great job CC, love the new boards!

Oh yeah, gotta LOVE the "ignore" option :D

What I really like is that you can "preview" the thread without actually clicking onto the post. I also like that you can go to first unread post. That saves alot of time.

What I don't care for is that this is the only website where I need to scroll from left to right, right to left in order to see the whole page. On no other website do I have this issue.

I also used to enjoy checking up on top of page to see who else was logged onto Carnival site, RCI, etc.

Love the new board. Took a bit to get acquainted with but ....:rolleyes: I really like to "New Post" you can see what everybody is writing about from all the boards. Great feature. Much easier to surf. er ...cruise around in.

Herb, I agree with being able to preview! THat is great!

Also, if you save your display settings to 1024x768 you should not have to scroll... The site is optimized for those settings...

I *still* think that the bells, whistles and other assorted geegaws were much ado about nothing. The relative speed and stability of the platform is nice, but that is a function of InfoPop being a bucket of dung. I could have done a better job than InfoPop with an old DeskPro 286 and a 300 bps modem.

There is something *still* missing. The camraderie and general "fun" atmosphere of the old setup has yet to return.

I do think the new boards are much faster than the old ones and it's extremely nice to have a search that works. However, I'll have to agree with tef, we seem to have lost a lot of members who's daily contributions to the boards made it a fun place to be. I hope they return and we regain the "family" feeling we once had.

Love the boards Randy! About the only thing that I don't like is that we can't see "who's on" on the individaul boards. Makes me head spin when I have to look at all those names. Ok, another thing I'm not too fond of people knowing what thread I'm currently viewing. I still think we need to add the "I'm gonna puke icon".

Love the boards Randy! About the only thing that I don't like is that we can't see "who's on" on the individaul boards. Makes me head spin when I have to look at all those names. Ok, another thing I'm not too fond of people knowing what thread I'm currently viewing. I still think we need to add the "I'm gonna puke icon".

Ditto what Liv said.

Especially the thing about the puke icon!! :D

Randy: Generally agree with other posters.

However:

1. You should post the date of the posting not "Today". For example your post is listed as "Today" at 1:43 PM. It's not even 10:00 AM in CT.

2. No matter when I go on it lists only myself as an active user (at the bottom of the page)

Otherwise, ok.

CTMak

What I don't care for is that this is the only website where I need to scroll from left to right, right to left in order to see the whole page. On no other website do I have this issue.

Herb,

It's your PC that's doing that. You have two options. Look up top in your tool bar. Click on VIEW. Then Click on TEXT size, and then adjust it to the size you need.

Another option is to hold down the CTRL button on your keyboard, while scrolling the whell on your mouse. This should make the size change immediately. ;)

Pete

I like the new boards. I especially like being able to preview the post without opening it since the titles don't always describe the post. The only thing I haven't figured out how to do is change my countdown clock in my signature. I know how to add it but it is off an hour and I can't figure out how to fix it. But......no big deal!!! I'll just leave an hour earlier than everyone else!!!

Well, Randy - now that I can actually SEE what I'm reading, it's really ok.! (And I did send Laura a msg. of thx.:D)

I particularly like the fact that I can turn off all the flashing, glitz, and annoying (to me) gifs. May be fine for some folks, but they do bother my eyes. Hey, I'm old.:rolleyes:

All in all, it's a great improvement.

• Administrators
Randy: Generally agree with other posters.

2. No matter when I go on it lists only myself as an active user (at the bottom of the page)

We're working on this....it *should* show, and we cannot figure out WHY it doesn't!

Laura

• Administrators
I like the new boards. I especially like being able to preview the post without opening it since the titles don't always describe the post. The only thing I haven't figured out how to do is change my countdown clock in my signature. I know how to add it but it is off an hour and I can't figure out how to fix it. But......no big deal!!! I'll just leave an hour earlier than everyone else!!!

Your countdown clock (supplied by a third party) has nothing to do with the operation of these boards.

There are a few threads on the HELP forum where other members help each other with these clocks. Stop by, post your problem and one of them will gladly help you.

Laura

• Administrators

I particularly like the fact that I can turn off all the flashing, glitz, and annoying (to me) gifs. May be fine for some folks, but they do bother my eyes. Hey, I'm old.:rolleyes:

All in all, it's a great improvement.

Not only that, but you can turn off the "annoying" members too! Click the user name, and choose Ignore This Member.

:)

Gotta love some of these bells & whistles.....

Although it is a faster, I agree with some fellow posters, I miss seeing who is on the board with me in a particular forum. I also am having a hard time adding my icon in the middle of my message. I try to click on it (like in the middle of this sentence) and it always posted the icon near the title section. I do however, like the edit section (I'm using now). I wish you could re-add my 800+ posts that are missing too!

Archived