Information on Bolongo Bay?

soocruise

Thinking about getting the water toy day pass in a couple weeks and have a few questions.

Do you get the pass from the water activities center or the resort?

What time can you purchase it? Possible for 8:30am?

Does it give you access to the resort pool?

Is there access to restrooms?

Are the ‘food people’ friendly, I have a very picky daughter?

Do you have to wait for the water toys to be free or do they have a lot of them? (There will be 3 or 4 ships in port that day.)

Are there taxi’s to go back or do we have to prearrange one?

Are there chairs & umbrella’s available, is there an additional cost for them?

Any other info anyone can supply would be appreciated. This day is for my 11yo child and this is what she wants to do all day.

How much is the taxi to Bolongo Bay?

Are there any other places we should be looking at that offer this type of package including the water bikes? We will not be using motorized water toys. She really wants the water bikes & windsurfing, she would also love a water trampoline. What she really wants is unlimited access to water toys so she can just have fun all day. Hubby and I will play with her or just sit & drink & watch her. LOL

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

You might want to email Bolongo info@bolongobay.com and ask them where to buy it, what time.

Here is a clip from their info: "Bolongo’s Day Pass includes a full day’s use of the resort’s facilities -- beach; swimming pool with swim-up bar; tennis, basketball and volleyball courts; and a room to shower and change -- and use of Bolongo’s non-motorized beach toys including kayaks, aqua tricycles, sunfish sailboats, paddle boats and snorkel equipment. The Day Pass is $40 per person or $100 for a family of four (two adults/two children)."

Yes there are restrooms there.

The restaurant people have been friendly when I have eaten there.

Bolongo is not a popular beach for cruise passengers so the number of ships in port doesn't typically have much of an impact. Hard to say about the watertoys, if their rooms were all booked and lots of guests were using the equipment then sure you might have to wait for something.

Usually a few taxis are there, or someone in the lobby can call one.

There are chairs, natural shade and some stationary umbrellas.

Taxi should be $8 or $9 pp, ow.

Cowpet Beach has a similar day pass package, but just for the watersports alone.... Day passes are available at Cowpet beach per person at $25 and they can use snorkel gear, kayaks, aquafins, windsurfing, paddleboats. One hour each equipment unless no one is waiting, price is per person. They are open 10-4pm. Windsurfing pointers are $20/hr.

No beaches with water trampolines in St. Thomas.

--Islander

Thanks for the information, I will contact them and ask.

I've looked at their website but did not see all of that information. re the pool etc. Wonderful news for us.

I wonder why it's not a popular beach for cruise passengers? Maybe the $ is not worth it for most for this type of day. For us it's perfect though. We may not even end up with enough time to visit any stores if DD has her way.

Please tell me.. what is an aquafin? Is it the arm floats the little kids wear to stay afloat?

I've been unable to find water trampolines anywhere, thanks for confirming that. Do you know if anyone else has the water bikes?

Thanks for the information, I will contact them and ask.

I've looked at their website but did not see all of that information. re the pool etc. Wonderful news for us.

I wonder why it's not a popular beach for cruise passengers? Maybe the $ is not worth it for most for this type of day. For us it's perfect though. We may not even end up with enough time to visit any stores if DD has her way.

Please tell me.. what is an aquafin? Is it the arm floats the little kids wear to stay afloat?

I've been unable to find water trampolines anywhere, thanks for confirming that. Do you know if anyone else has the water bikes?

Hello,

The popular beaches with cruise folks are primarily Magens, Coki and Sapphire. On those three the crowd factor on the beach is affected greatly by the number of ships in port.

Aquafins are little sailboats. The water bikes with the big wheels... nope can't think of any other beaches with those. They are similar to the paddleboats in terms of the activity and the beaches with those are Bolongo, Cowpet and Magens.

--Islander

They actually just emailed me and not only did they tell me that cruise ship passengers were welcome, we also didn't have to pay for the "full" package.

We can rent lounge chairs for $5. and then pay separately for renting jetskis and parasailing. Our kids are between 13-18 so we don't really need the package toys...

"Melody" also told me to just stop in the Gift Shop in the front of the Hotel to let her know you were there and pay for what you want.

I just posted a thread to Islander to ask him what he thought of Bolongobay Bay then saw this thread....

If Islander says it a go, then thats where we're going!!!

I've been in contact with them at this point.:eek:

I was told that the current price of the package was $150 but they will give me the old price of $120? Ummm, the website still says $100:confused:

I've sent back yet another email after she told me the $150 was not on the website after all so it was still $120 per the website, she offered me 2 for 1 lunch for the confusion. Hello, the website still says $100 just like I cut and pasted to her (which she ignored btw).:rolleyes:. This time I sent her a link of the page I'm looking at and asked her what she was looking at. She did not answer all the questions I asked in the email I sent, will wait and see what they answer this time. We'll be there in a week so there is not much time to get it sorted out.

This also does not include a room to shower and change in.

I'm seriously begining to wonder if this is where we should go after all. I've already promised my DD so I do hope it works out.:)

I would not go to Bolongo Bay if I did not want the full package, I believe the Islander has recommended other beaches for renting jetskis and parasailing instead.

I'm sorry you're having such a problem... I spoke with Melody who was very nice and understanding.....

Why don't you call 800 524 4746 and ask for Melody in the gift shop. See if she can clear all this up for you.

Also, there is no other beach at this time that offers parasailing, jetski rentals AND food (right on the beach)......

Let us know what happens...

Elaine :)

Hello,

soocruise, If you are looking for another beach with lots of watersports for your daughter you might also look at Cowpet: Cowpet Beach has a similar day pass package, but just for the watersports alone.... Day passes are available at Cowpet beach per person at $25 and they can use snorkel gear, kayaks, aquafins, windsurfing, paddleboats. One hour each equipment unless no one is waiting, price is per person. They are open 10-4pm. Windsurfing pointers are $20/hr. If you want to call for more information their number is (340)715-1445.

Elaine - Here is more info/options... Morningstar has jetskis & can book parasailing for pick up there, and has beachfront restaurant. The parasailing pick up is not right on the beach, its at their dock. You'd want to book the parasailing in advance if you want to insure you get a spot, otherwise you are taking the risk of them being full. The number of the parasailing company that picks up at Morningstar (at the Mariott resort dock) and actually at Bolongo and Sapphire and a couple other beaches is (340)775-9360 - you can call them for more details.

--Islander

Hello,

soocruise, If you are looking for another beach with lots of watersports for your daughter you might also look at Cowpet: Cowpet Beach has a similar day pass package, but just for the watersports alone.... Day passes are available at Cowpet beach per person at $25 and they can use snorkel gear, kayaks, aquafins, windsurfing, paddleboats. One hour each equipment unless no one is waiting, price is per person. They are open 10-4pm. Windsurfing pointers are $20/hr. If you want to call for more information their number is (340)715-1445.

Elaine - Here is more info/options... Morningstar has jetskis & can book parasailing for pick up there, and has beachfront restaurant. The parasailing pick up is not right on the beach, its at their dock. You'd want to book the parasailing in advance if you want to insure you get a spot, otherwise you are taking the risk of them being full. The number of the parasailing company that picks up at Morningstar (at the Mariott resort dock) and actually at Bolongo and Sapphire and a couple other beaches is (340)775-9360 - you can call them for more details.

--Islander

Archived