Barcelona- Hotel 1898- Help with Booking

I can't personally compare Hotel Jazz to Hotel 1898 because I didn't check out the latter while we were there. Although from everything I've read, Hotel 1898 is a step above Hotel Jazz. I can say that my friend and I were both very happy with Hotel Jazz. We liked the location -- on a quiet street about a 5 minute walk from Placa Catalunya at the top of Las Ramblas. The hotel was very clean, and everyone we dealt with at the hotel was pleasant and helpful. You might want to read some of the reviews for both hotels on Tripadvisor - both these hotels have received very positive reviews on that site. You can also see some photos of both hotels on that website. They might help you decide if Hotel 1898 is worth the extra dollars to you. If I ever go back to Barcelona, I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Hotel Jazz again. Barcelona is a great city, and I hope you enjoy visiting it as much as I did.

We stayed at 1898 last September and found it really great! From my experience, if you book directly via their website, they charge you for the room right then! If you call or email them, they just book the room and charge you when you check out as normal. They only use the credit card info to hold the room like other hotels.

Good luck.

We stayed there last August and are going back this August. Its a fantastic hotel which satisfied precisely what we wanted - a great hotel in a great position with a pool (it has two). Can't think of any negatives. Have a look at the reviews on TripAdvisor

Archived