De Palm Island cost and other beach options

cruz_luvr1

Does anyone know what it costs to go to De Palm Island for the day with lunch included? There are four of us (me and my husband, son 14 and daughter 11). I've read on other posts that it's "pricey", but would like a ballpark figure.

We are on the AOS 2/18/2007. We wanted to do Renassaince Island, but highly doubt they will be at ther required less than 90% capacity during President's Week, and am trying to come up with a backup plan.

Also, is there another beach or resort we could visit for the day that is similar to Renassaince Island in terms of what it offers? (e.g. non-motorized water sports, restaurant, changing facilities).

Thanks.

Debbie - Stoneham, MA

I'm also interested in De Palm Island. I'm confused about how to book online and how much it costs - I've found several websites but nothing seems to give me just the basic information I'm looking for. Also, how do I get to/from the De Palm ferry from the cruise ship? We will be cruising in April. Thanks!

Their website is http://www.depalm.com/index2.htm if you click on "online reservations" on the far right side, it will take you to the offerings. I have been told by other folks here on CC that De Palm will not accept bookings from cruise ship passengers.

Passport to Paradise Full Day Tour is $84.00

"Inclusions: Transportation, Food & Beverage, snorkel equipment & instructions, guided snorkel tours, the new Blue Parrott Waterpark with 6 slides and about 70 watergames and beach facilities. Kids 0-2 years free. Additional kids pay 50%."

Passport to Paradise Half Day Tour is $64.00

I some how doubt they would turn away a cash paying customer. Perhaps check with them and see if they have a tour desk inside the Renaissance Resort and you could pop on over there to book the excursion the same day first thing when you arrive in port.

These threads are old but may also help you

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7973266#post7973266

Another option for a day at the beach, but unfortunately not all inclusive is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7973266#post7973266

Cruzin4life, I have a question regarding De Palm Island. It advertises 5 or 6 waterslides. Are these thrilling water slides, or kiddie slides? We're thinking of going here with our 2 teens (19 and 16) but I wonder if they would find the water park interesting enough. We'd also probably snorkel, but my 16 yr old son loves water parks and I wondered if this one would disappoint him.

• 4 weeks later...
Cruzin4life, I have a question regarding De Palm Island. It advertises 5 or 6 waterslides. Are these thrilling water slides, or kiddie slides? We're thinking of going here with our 2 teens (19 and 16) but I wonder if they would find the water park interesting enough. We'd also probably snorkel, but my 16 yr old son loves water parks and I wondered if this one would disappoint him.

I honestly didn't go to the waterpark but a couple of our friends did and i think they had a good time. Besides snorkeling - which is amazing - there is a sand volleyball court which we used.

• 3 weeks later...

The water slides are kiddie slides-

I love adult sized water slides, and my husband has never been. I was slightly disappointed, and thought my husband might be as well.

there are about four or five, two are larger and longer and have height requirements, two or three are much smaller.

We both had the best time my husband (37) was like a kid in a candy store.

Hope this answers your question. THe food was okay, not the best, but after a morning of swimming and playing on the slides, it tasted great. I reccommend the half day pass, go in the morning. ALl day would have been too much.

• 3 weeks later...

We were at DePalm Island last week and were VERY disappointed. Surf was too rough to snorkle much, the food was lousy, there was a bunch of construction taking place, no floats or kayaks. The island is a small strip of land just off-shore from a huge electric plant. It was apparently messed up pretty badly by a storm some time ago, and there is a lot of debris within site of the beach. The waterpark (slides) is very small and aimed at little kids.

It was not worth the $54 each that we paid

Archived