When to book airfare for Alaska?

SPRAGUS

I'm scheduled on the Summit 8/31/07 Vancouver to Seward. Traveling with in-laws and two of their friends. It is sometimes difficult to make them understand why they need to book their air arrangements early. Can someone please tell me how early is realistic, or are we already late?

Usually whenever we plan a cruise, once the deposit has been made, we start shopping for airfare. We keep an eye on the rates, and buy them when it looks like the rates are stabalized. If you watch them often enough you will be able to determine this.

We sail from Vancouver, flying in from Atlanta. When we first checked airfare, the tickets were almost 750 each. Ouch! :eek:

Kept looking, and kept checking, and we were able to get the airfare for about 550 for one ticket, and we are using airmiles for the other.

If you need as many tickets as it sounds like you need, I would not wait very long to book! Summer Alaskan cruises are popular, and I am already seeing some hotels selling out the night before a cruise. Shop around, and check every possible airline...and go for it!

We are booked on the Sept 7 sailing and just booked our air. We found a great deal on Delta. All the other airlines were 200$ more! We are flying out of one of the most expensive airports anyway! Our travel agent found us the best published fare. Keep a watch daily and use Travelocity or Expedia. Sometimes you can do even better at the airlines website.

Hope this helps!! Have a great cruise!

KC:)

We are booked on the Sept 7 sailing and just booked our air. We found a great deal on Delta. All the other airlines were 200$ more! We are flying out of one of the most expensive airports anyway! Our travel agent found us the best published fare. Keep a watch daily and use Travelocity or Expedia. Sometimes you can do even better at the airlines website.

Hope this helps!! Have a great cruise!

KC:)

I already booked my air for my May Alaska cruise in November.

I went into kayak.com and the best price for air will come up. I then go to that airliine's website directly to book it.

Personally, I don't care about the price as much as having a non-stop flight or a flight with a short layover. But booking as soon as the schedule comes out gets you the best price.

I'm flying on Air Alaska out of Vancouver with a two-hour stop in San Francisco then on to Miami. I will be leaving at about 7am Vancover time and will get to Miami at 8pm. Our fare is $414 per person one-way.

My flight from Ft. Lauderdale to Long Beach CA on Jet Blue is a non-stop and got it for $99 one-way.

I always book everything early, cruises, air and hotels. I have everything booked already for this May cruise.

Archived