seasickness/motion sickness - kids

fmax

I know the options for adults, what's out there for children. Are there any wrist band products specifically for children.

What works

Frances

Hi Frances,

You might want to check out this page:

http://healthresources.caremark.com/topic/motionsickness

I suppose I should insert a disclaimer here that I do work for Caremark. :cool:

From personal experiences, I always had relief from Dramamine as a child, but it did make me fatigued. On all my cruises, I found that looking at the horizon did help relief the motion sickness.

Finally, I also recommend that you give your child's pediatrician a call. they can make the best recommendation.

Best of luck,

Kim

I am not sure about wrist bands specifically for children but my 9yo responds extremely well to wristbands she wore them when she had just turned 7 and this year when 8 - had no probs with the adult size even though she is very slight....

My DD tends toward seasickness in smaller craft but has no problem with the ship.

She can have problems tendering or on some excursions. For her, we bring candied ginger, bottled water, and stick to the back of the boat (hey if it is only a boat I should be exempt from having to use nautical terms! :D )

They do make child size wrist bands. Also before my first cruise I called DD's doctor and he gave me something that was prescription, a liquid but I don't remember what it was called. It did need to be refrigerated. Didn't need it though (thankfully).

My daughter gets car sick even where we live (flat straight roads). She is 8 and has taken Dramamine and I have also used Benadryl they are both antihistamines. I get motion sickness too and have rely heavily on ginger and gingerale on board. It works for me!

Stephanie

• 1 month later...

Our children were 2 1/2 and 6, they wore the Sea-Bands on our last cruise. We put them on them when it started to get alittle rough and they wore them for most of the cruise , even in the pool. I purchased them at the grocery store, they cost about $6.00. We never had any problems with them getting sick. Also they do make a child Dramamine, in liquid form.

Archived