Golden Eagle Catamaran tour

sblois

I just got back from my cruise yesterday. We did the Golden Eagle tour in St. Maarten and really enjoyed it. We tried to book right at the Golden Eagle office at Bobby's Marina but she wouldn't do it because of her contract with the ship so we paid the $86 per person on the ship and went.

The water was quite choppy so we didn't get to go to their primary snorkelling spot and there was no mention of a deserted island as mentioned on their website. We went to the alternative snorkelling spot and only saw 2 varieties of fish and some sea urchins. A bit disappointing. There was a sunken submarine there though so that was kind of neat.

After we left there, we sailed to Mullet Bay and swam into the beach. What a beautiful beach!

Then we headed back to the pier.

There was plenty of rum and beer the whole afternoon. On the way back to the pier, they broke out the champagne and were passing it out by the bottle. Lots of dancing and music on deck.

It was a beautiful catamaran and the crew was very nice.

The snacks they advertise are small pieces of a long sub they made while we were at the beach. It certainly hit the spot after a day of swimming and drinking but there wasn't enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Can ask what time you get back? We are one the Norwegian dawn 3/1 and our itinerary that we get in at 8am and leave at 5pm. Which usually means back on board by 4:30PM.

I would love to do the full day with them but I am concerned about time. Any help you can give is appreciated.

Helen

I cna't remember what time we got back. It's a 4 hour tour. We booked throught the ship and if you do that, they will be well aware of what time you have to be back and will get you back in time. Have fun!

On Royal Caribbeans website they advertise going to several beaches that have nudity. The recommended age I do believe was 16 because of the possible nudity. I could be wrong about the age...

Ouch! My kids are 10/11 yr olds. The carnival tour description warns of "clothing optional" beaches but states no age limit. Once I book next week,I will be able to get to the point where I can book the tour online and maybe there will be additional info. In the mean time,I suppose I will look for my second choice.

We went in May 2003. We left about 10am and got back about 2pm. As soon as you start sailing, they offer you beers,rum punch, margaritas,etc. We stoped at a lovely pink sand beach. We floated around on floats and drank beer in the water. They have waiters that float right up to you and serve you. They practiically pour it down your throat. I was a little hungover from the rum party boat in St thomas so I didnt drink too much. On the way back they serve you a sub sandwich and they also serve champaige as well as beer or whatever you want, It was a great excirsion and we plan to do it again in 2008 for our 3oth anniversary.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for posting the video; we've been unable to decide between this excursion and the Cpt. Morgan Sailing adventure excursion. This one looks like just what we've been looking for. A question, one of the members in our group is a non-swimmer, would this excursion be appropriate for him? I guess my question is could he just relax on the catamaran while everyone enjoy a dip in the ocean.

There were folks who just laid around on the boat and relaxes....

They do provide snorkeling life vests though...

They serve rum punch, regular punch, and sandwiches after the swim...

When we went, the water was a bit choppy, so they took us to an alternative cove/beach and we snorkeled there....we hope to go to the normal one this year, but it was a blast last year....

Oh....and while in St. Maarten...if you are a Star Wars fan...one of the creators of Yoda has a shop the second street back in the main shopping area.....really nice guy...

We are booked on this for next weeks sailing (8/2) looking fwd to it, we will be with my almost 3yr old daughter and 15 yr old son, daughter will probably just hold on to daddy as we float around the water, son will definetely be snorkling or jumpin off ship or who knows. lol. Thanks for the video, it was good to see before we go, thanks.

Archived