Seven Mile Beach Question

MTJZ

Does it cost anything to use this beach, are you limited to what part of the beach that you use, does the hotels own any of it? There is a group of us going on the Valor in April and plan on spending the morning/early afternoon there. Does anyone know what it cost for a cab/bus to take us the, we have a group of about 10 people? I was in Grand Cayman last year, but did not get there we did Sting Ray City.

Terry

There are some public beach clubs on 7 mile beach that are very public. I would steer clear of those. All beaches are technically public space, it is just getting to them that is the issue. The very best thing to do is take a cab (sems like about $3 per person or something) to the hotel/beach areas. If you look closely, there are public walkways in between the hotels that lead to the beach. Just walk through one of these. Some of the "upper" areas of the beach are occupied by the hotels/condos but if you stay about halfway down towards the water it is public. Once there, it is easy to see where the line is. There are no chairs there to use for free, but you can use the beach with your towel and enjoy the beautiful water.

It is the best way to have a relaxing day in Grand Cayman!

The first time I went to 7 mile, I purchased the $21 all day beach pkg, which allowed us a lawn chair, drink, taxi both ways, and restroom access. Once you are at the port, you will see the line for taxi's to the beach. They took us to the hotel that honors the $21 pkg we got (can't remember the name of it).

However, a few weeks ago, we decided to just wing it and take a taxi to the beach without buying a pkg. It is not much difference either way, so I recommend jumping in the taxi line to the beach and you'll find a spot. It was $4 each way in a taxi. My understanding (or at least with my cab driver) is that there were 3 drop offs to 7 mile beach. We took the first one. I wish we would have taken the 2nd or 3rd because the first one seemed real busy. However, if you just walk a ways down, you will find a less crowded spot. The day we were there, we were told that all of 7 mile beach was busy for some reason. You can rent a chair once you are there for $5, but otherwise, they had public restrooms, restaurant, water sports, etc. It was great!

We had 14 in our group. :o)

Hope this helps.

I recommend going to Sea Grape Beach. It's free and is at the far end of Seven Mile Beach. Taxi fare there is $4/pp and taxis are always available for the return trip. Red Sail Sports is also right there. We've been there twice and loved it both times. Here is a pic I took while there last April.

2278412540063951613NnxvqA_ph.jpg?

Regarding Sea Grape Beach, how about drink/eat options there? Any restaurants there? Expensive?

Yes there is a bar there that serves drinks and food. We had conch fritters for the first time and they were pretty good. It's a little expensive as is everything in Grand Cayman. However, it's not outrageously priced.

Thanks for all the help we now plan on doing Seven Mile Beach while in Grand Cayman. How long of a cab ride is it and how many will they seat. When I was there before the cab was a bus that seated 9-10 people?

Terry

In reference to the Marriot, do you recall how much it was to rent the chairs and also how long ago was that? Just wondering if things may have changed if it has been a while. My wife and I are trying to decide between booking with the ship or doing it ourselves!!!!!!! Any help and suggestions is appreciated..................

How long of a cab ride is it and how many will they seat. When I was there before the cab was a bus that seated 9-10 people?

Still is the same bus style taxis. The ride there is only about 10 or 15 minutes. You can easily see the ships from Sea Grape. Going back to the ship's tender area will take a lot longer due to all the traffic heading in that same direction.

After reading all the nice things about Sea Grapes Beach, I was hoping to go there. Then I found out that one of Carnival's new tours is to Sea Grapes. With several cruise ships there on the day I will be there, I am concerned about the crowds. Are there other options? Somewhere quiet that will have a restaurant, chairs, shade and possibly some beach sports for the kids?

Archived