MSC Musica - New Years Disaster ?!

MrSofty

Musica berthed herself behind P&O Oriana in Madeira on New Years Eve. Several other ships appeared during the day for the festivities and the spectacular £million Madeira fireworks display.

At approx 4.00pm that day Musica left her berth allegedy as a result of an organisational cock up. A German Ship (the Aida ) had apparently booked the same berth and so replaced her and stayed there for the night's entertainment.

MSC Musica simply sailed off.

Are there any Musica passengers out there that know what happened here? I guess you are very angry at having missed the fireworks which are surely the pinnacle of any New Years trip to Madeira. It would be good to know what explanation you were given.

Ermm no... "MSC MUSICA left the pier at 1500 hrs to vacant berth for both AIDA BLU and THOMSON DESTINY. She remained drifting off Funchal port limits until 2300 Hrs, when she came closer to see the fireworks display" .. all as planned.

That sounds bizarre to me. It's like selling everyone premium box tickets to the World Cup Final and then, 30 mins before kick-off saying to everyone.. "Right, everyone out now, we going to watch the final from a large monitor in the park !!!"

I guess if all the passengers knew this was happening then it's ok, but if not I'd be asking for my money back. The three berthed ships must surely have blocked out most of the lower level fireworks.

That sounds bizarre to me. It's like selling everyone premium box tickets to the World Cup Final and then, 30 mins before kick-off saying to everyone.. "Right, everyone out now, we going to watch the final from a large monitor in the park !!!"

I guess if all the passengers knew this was happening then it's ok, but if not I'd be asking for my money back. The three berthed ships must surely have blocked out most of the lower level fireworks.

Madeira residents state the best views of the whole display are from the sea. Musicia's pax had had their day in Funchal. I see nothing bizarre at all. Saga Rose was also at anchor, turning up for the fireworks and then berthed on Jan 1st. Just different ways of doing things, none of the vessels berthed obscure anything, look at the many video clips online, fabulous to watch. At least you were there, unlike QE2 who was there a day earlier.. now that itin was bizarre.

Assuming you were aboard Oriana you could have asked them to clean the webcam;)-p what a mess that was; had to rely on the Madeira cams at the time which don't update as quickly.

Archived