Googling your cruise

tigerdadky

That's exactly what you should try - "Carnival Celebration April 7, 2007" or "Celebration cruise 4/7/07." You can try it with or without the quotation marks. Adding the quotation marks will limit your search to pages with just that exact information. You may also want to add "group cruise" to the search to see if that brings up anything.

Diane

due to recent info i learned on this board, i think i will always google prospective future sailings b/4 i book.

but, to be honest, w/ the 2 '07 cruises i already have booked, i'm actually afraid to google them!:eek: I guess it's like going to the doctor, i just don't want to know b/c i don't want to be armed w/ the info that wld make re-scheduling or cancelling something to consider...

i have never had a problem with any cruise b/4, so, i'm going forward, and i'll just hope for the best.:p

keep in mind that you could do all this googling and still end up on board with a group. I am sure the post about the swingers has generated all this group cruise concern, but you could have a large family group on board that doesn't make a website. Or a large church group. Or a large (gulp!) school group.

Personally, we refuse to sail out of San Juan because we've heard so many horror stories about the groups on those sailings - and I doubt any of them had a website set up.

good luck - and happy cruising!

I always Google my cruises. No offense to any group I just do not want to sail with 700 people I have nothing in common with.

I don't quite understand your remark. Do you usually cruise with a ship "full of only people you have something in common with"? That would really hard to find 2500 people with the same interests.

I entered "carnival celebration April, 07, 2007"

Maybw you should have entered "7 April 2007" or

7/4/2007 or

4/7/07 or

April 7 07

As you can see there are multiple ways of entering dates. We need a standard

How does one write a date on the Web? There are so many formats available, most of them incompatible with others, that it can be a usability nightmare to choose a date representation when writing for an international, cross-cultural audience, as is the case on the web.

from

http://www.w3.org/QA/Tips/iso-date

A summary of the international standard date and time notation

from

http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

I entered "carnival celebration April, 07, 2007" and it said nothing matched that criteria, so that means no groups have booked anything thru the internet or what. Not real computer literate.

Yeah, like it's been mentioned before, there are NUMEROUS ways of writing out dates, etc. Plus, there could be many groups that just aren't posted online. There's really no way to tell for sure.

I agree with what was written on one of the other threads (by Mr. Dood, maybe?) I'm pretty sure there would be "groups" on every cruise. I mean, a family getting together several different couples, sides, etc, would be a group. It just really depends on HOW MANY are in the group. A group of 20, or a group of 700.

Don't sweat it. You'll be having too much fun to notice :D

BTW, we're somewhat neighbors!

Archived