Waterspout Sightings

perkins24

Hey guys, reading this board is turning "ugly"! We leave in a few days and now with the tornados, rogue waves, and man overboard threads, I'm getting a teensie bit paranoid!!!! Plus, I knowingly booked during hurricane season. :p Yikes!!
Now all that's left to do is turn on the TV and watch a plane crash/highway pile up movie :)

Have a wonderful cruise!!!

The Weather Channel had pictures of waterspouts this morning. Not quite like the tornadoes we get here in the midwest, but still scarey. They said the best places to spot them from land were off the Florida Keys and Gulf Coast. Sometimes even New England???? :eek:

My husband works on the beach @ a resort in Palm Beach and he sees waterspouts every once in a while. While Florida doesn't get big tornadoes, we have "little ones" pop up especially in August & September.

So what qualifies as a "tornado type waterspout"? The two I saw looked just like I imagine a tornado would look like, except on water. I have some pictures. I'll find a good picture and attach it to a message in this thread or something.
If you want to see some in action (the entertainment version) check out the movie Twister again. This is also the scene where the cows go flying through the air. They were on land but, close to a body of water so you are no safer here than out at sea :D Enjoy your cruise - I know I will!

Kathy

Archived