Summit Panama Canal Feb 3

dzcruisers

After reading some of the posts about the Summit, I am a little nervous about the condition of the ship. What can you tell me about this cruise

from LA to Miami?

Any suggetions for shore excursions (places not to be missed) and any tips about the ship.

Any advice about this cruise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Dianne:confused: :)

Dianne,

After reading some of the posts about the Summit, I am a little nervous about the condition of the ship. What can you tell me about this cruise

from LA to Miami?

Any suggetions for shore excursions (places not to be missed) and any tips about the ship.

Any advice about this cruise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Celebrity indisputably offers the best "Panama Canal" itinerary that I have seen, and this is it.

And Celebrity also maintains its vessels in excellent condition, in spite of a few individuals who seem to want readers of this board to believe otherwise. I seriously wonder what is motivating such individuals to post what they do.

Here ae some recommendations for your ports of call.

>> In Cabo San Lucas, take a shore excursion that goes by boat to Los Arcos (literally, "the arches"), also sometimes called "Land's End." You'll see fascinating rock formations and lots of wildlife -- pelicans, seals, etc. -- on the rocks. There's quite a selection of shore excursions that combine Los Arcos with anything from a beach club or snorkeling to a sceninc drive along the Baja coast, so you should be able to find one or another that's of interest.

>> In Acapulco, take one or another of the tours of the city's attractions. There's a lot to see, so you won't see everything in one day.

>> Huatulco offers fabulous beaches and pristine waters for sailing.

>> In Puntarenas, I highly recommend the shore excursion that goes to Grecia and Sarchi. The all metal church in Grecia is really magnificent, and Sarchi is the site of a unique industry that produces very artixtic "ox carts" decorated in a style similar to that of the "Pennsylvania Dutch" artwork that one finds throughout Pennsylvania's Lancaster County. In Sarchi, you also can buy Costa Rican coffee, including the outstanding dark roast.

>> In Aruba[/ib], I highly recommend the exucrsion that combines sailing, snorkeling, and a barbecue lunch. The catamaran picks you up at the cruise ship pier and heads up the coast to a couple great snorkeling and swimming areas that are teaming with marine life (the first is a reef and the second is a wreck), then takes you to the operator's pier where they serve a nice barbecue lunch at a shack on the pier. After lunch, there's time for swimming or sunbathing at a nice white sand beach next to the pier or browsing in the shops right across the street before the catamaran takes you back to the ship. They also serve beverages and crank up the party atmosphere aboard the catamaran, so it's a great time for all.

Have a great cruise!

Norm.

We did Summit to Alaska and loved the ship and crew!!!! Fabulous!!! We made the mistake of doing the Mercury to the Mexican Riviera and had very bad ship experiences(norovirus, very poor service, constant bleaching, very slow buffet, no salt and pepper allowed, etc), but great shore excursions. I understand the management of the Mercury has been changed. Every cruise is different, but you will love the Summit. As a post script, if you have a chance to cruise on the Constellation, you will also love that ship!!

Archived