X-Stream Cave Tubing and Ariel Trek

jec5790

I went to Belize for the second time over Christmas break on the Norwegian Sun. I did the same excursion as I did the last time I was there because I was with different people and loved it so much. We booked through X-Stream at the website http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BelizeCaveTubingZipLineExcursion.htm . It was cheaper then through the ship, and in the group was THE 4 PEOPLE I WAS ON THE CRUISE WITH. We had our own guide, Travis or Taz as he liked to be called, and he was the best. Everything we did was tailored to us including stopping for lunch on the way back. He had us lock legs and then basically swam next to us and pulled us in the right direction. He told us many times that we are on vacation and we are not supposed to work. He was awesome and I highly recommend requesting him. It was the 4 of us in an air conditioned van for a tour of the city then to the zip line and tubing. The group through the boat had 2 guides for every 47 people. The caves are amazing but X-Steam was even better. It was the highlight of the trip for all of us.

• 2 weeks later...

Zip line is fun. 8 platforms. You walk up a bunch of steps, not to bad. I felt real safe, it seems the people there really know what you are doing and they make sure you are comfortable. The first zip is like a beginner one, you go about 50 feet and your only 7 feet off the group. By the trip from the 3rd to 4th platform you are traveling 300 ft, about 80 feet above ground. That is by far the longest. I saw people from 8 to 80 doing the zip line and it seems like everyone loved it. When you get to the last platform you repel down to the ground. I don’t like heights and I usually stay away from these kind of things but I felt really safe.

One other thing, when you get to the caves for tubing, ask if you can jump into the water. Its about 10 feet up and real fun.

Archived