Here is a Suggestion for a Tour of Barbados

nrunnion

This suggestion is for those who like to see the sights as opposed to swimming, snorkeling, or going to beaches. Here it goes. Hire a driver, approx. 100 per couple for 6 hours. Have him drive you up the west coast highway to Holetown and then on to Farley Hill Planatation. This is an old plantation house set in a forest of mahogney trees with a great view of the Scottish District. Then continue on to Bathsheba to have lunch at the Roundhouse and then go to the close-by Andromda gardens. All of these stops will make wonderful photos. After that have your driver go to St. John's church which is very old and very interesting. From there have him drive you down through the suger cane fields towards Bridgetown, stopping at the Sunbury Plantation House. They have shops and a museum. Then back to Bridgetown to see the shops in the terminal. This will make a full interesting day and will give you a great idea of life on Barbados, which is the most wonderful island.

NR

Wish I had known about this before. Our Barbados stop was not fun. We went to the city and hated it!

6 hours is a bit long for a tour though. We took a three hour tour in Hawaii and were ready to jump limo once it was over! LOL

Are there cost involved in the Plantation tours?

Iamthesea:

The plantation home has a very minimal cost, $5.00 maybe. You won't believe how fast the six hours go. The restaurant at Bathsheba takes your breath away because of the view. You never want to leave. Also the gardens take awhile as well as Farley Hill. Barbados is a beautiful island with the most friendly people. You will never be bored.

NR

Got to agree with nrunnion, my wife and I did that tour the first time we were on Barbados back in 1998. It was a great tour and you do get to appreciate the island. We love Barabados and can't wait to get back there next November (on QM2).

We were just looking at our video of Sunbury Plantation, Farley Hill, etc. on Sunday and enjoyed the view again. I would also suggest to see Lord's Castle (he was a pirate).

The only place we need to still see is the caverns. It was flooded the first time and we just didn't have time to see it the second time.

Ed

We booked Cameron Reid for our tour..... www.scenicbarbados.com and he was great !!! He knows so much about his island and the love he has for it shows...... brand new car also. We could stop when and where we wanted and this allowed us to have a truly unique and personal experience.

There were two couples and he charged us $150.00 for a tour of the island from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We also went in a large circle but went the opposite direction as the original poster.... we had lunch in Holetown at a restaurant where they served some real Bajan lunches :D

The only other "site" I would recommend is Cherry Hill Drive..... canopied road with stunning views of the coast when you come out...... I have quite a few "postcard" pics of this island as well as some very interesting ones at St. Johns church.

6 hrs. sounds long but it really does fly by..... especially when you have a tour guide telling you so many interesting things.

Archived