dining at ports

nytax

Guest BeckyThane

nytax ~

I was on the Dawn to Nassau in November, and no, there was no accomodation for meals in port. However, I thought I read somewhere here on the boards that vouchers are given for certain restaurants in Bermuda? You might try a board search.

Good luck, and happy cruising!

nytax ~

I was on the Dawn to Nassau in November, and no, there was no accomodation for meals in port. However, I thought I read somewhere here on the boards that vouchers are given for certain restaurants in Bermuda? You might try a board search.

Good luck, and happy cruising!

What does "no accommodation for meals in port" mean? I'm not trying to be funny or sarcastic, I would have thought that the ship would still be serving all meals? Or do you mean once you are off the ship, you have to buy your own?

While in Bermuda while on the Crown or Majesty, there is a dine ashore program. Both of those ships stay in Bermuda for a few days. I do not know if this program exists on the ships that stop there for the day - the Dawn and/or Spirit.

The Dine Ashore program provides each adult passenger with a voucher towards lunch or dinner. The price of the voucher is $5 for lunch or $10 for dinner. Different restaurants offer different dining options. For example we were in St. George's and purchased the dinner coupon. It gave each of us $50 off the meal including tip. Beverages - both alcoholic and non-alcoholic are NOT included. There were eight of us dining. When the bill came it was less $400 dollars. End result was no bill for food, but a seperate beverage bill. Some restaurants limit the menu, some allow full menu selection.

This has been done for a few years by NCL. I have no idea if it will continue in the 2007 Bermuda season.

Archived