AA luggage service from Port of miami to MIA

Ziggys

Hi, I'm leaving next week on NOS :D (Port of Miami) I've read about the express check-in service from American Airlines where, upon returning to port, you check your bags with AA right after customs and they transport your luggage for you to the airport. Since our return flight is at 8hpm at night, we have a complete day to visit Miami (preferably not with luggage:( ). I've tried to contact American Airlines about this service and I'm getting the run-around. Nobody seems to know what I'm talking about. The last agent I spoke to even told me the service did not exist at MIA. :eek:

Can anyone help me? Is this service only for AA domestic flights? Are flights to Canada considered domestic??? Do any of you know where I could get some more info?

Any information would be helpful.

We too are from Canada and we used this service last year on our return to Miami. It was fairly easy, though the line was long. Our luggage was booked in and we were also checked in. Just had to go through security when we got the airport.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Thank you so much for all the info.:p

Is it really 20$pp or 5$pp? I've heard 10$pp. Does anyone know?:confused:

It was $5.00 pp at the pier in March. Since then RCI has added a service where they give you the luggage tags and your boarding passes the night before, I believe this $10.00 pp. You will still have to claim your bag and carry it to the AA reps. I would just take it to the counter myself and save the $5.00 pp since I still have to do the same amount of work.

It was $5.00 pp at the pier in March. Since then RCI has added a service where they give you the luggage tags and your boarding passes the night before, I believe this $10.00 pp. You will still have to claim your bag and carry it to the AA reps. I would just take it to the counter myself and save the $5.00 pp since I still have to do the same amount of work.

We paid $10 per person (not per bag) this past December. We received our boarding passes and luggage tags while on the ship. We claimed our luggage from the carousel at the pier and walked right over to the AA counter and gave it to them. There was no line there at all. At the airport, there was a HUGE line at the AA counter which we were able to avoid completely. All we had to do was go through security and head to our gate. It was also great to not have all of that luggage to load into the cab that took us from the pier to the airport.

There are four of us, and this was the best $40 we spent! It was charged to our seapass. A form arrived in our room about half way through our cruise which explained this program and advised what to do if you wanted to take advantage of it.

WhiteSoxFan, when you say you would rather pay the $5.00 at the counter, do they print boarding passes there? If not, you would still have to wait at the AA counter at the airport to get boarding passes or wait in line at the self-serve kiosks, if they have them.

As an aside, other airlines participate in this as well, including USAir I believe, but I can't remember all of them.

I don't know if flights to Canada are considered domestic or not by this program.

We had been on the Navigator previously and were able to just walk into the AA building and check the bags and get a boarding pass. I remember there was quite a long line and we had to wait quite a while...but

This December we were on the Explorer and were told we couldn't do that any more, we had to sign up for the service thru the cruise line. No more walk-ups. This December 2006 is was $20 per person (not $10) for 2 bags per person.

We had been on the Navigator previously and were able to just walk into the AA building and check the bags and get a boarding pass. I remember there was quite a long line and we had to wait quite a while...but

This December we were on the Explorer and were told we couldn't do that any more, we had to sign up for the service thru the cruise line. No more walk-ups. This December 2006 is was $20 per person (not $10) for 2 bags per person.

There was a thread about this not long ago where people were still doing the walk-up to the AA counter. If they no longer allow walk-ups this must be new, or is it just more misinformation (unintentional?) so RCI can get a few more $$ from us?

We just got off the Brilliance, 11 Dec. Didn't fill out anything on the ship. Picked up our bags in Customs, got a porter and he took it to the AA area. We paid 5.00 pp. Best 10.00 we spent on the whole cruise. It didn't take a van to get us and our luggage to the airport.

Sherry

Interesting. We got off the ship on 12/10 and at the port picked up our luggage and asked 2 people at the RCCL port. We wanted to take the baggage to the AA counter directly and were told we couldn't use the service unless we to thru RCCL for $20. . I wonder if RCCL is instructing the staff to encourage people not to go to the AA counter directly because then they loose their part of the fee.

We too are from Canada and we used this service last year on our return to Miami. It was fairly easy, though the line was long. Our luggage was booked in and we were also checked in. Just had to go through security when we got the airport.

Hope you have a great cruise.

Did you have a non-stop AA flight to Canada? I was told by AA that this service was only available for US domestic flights. We have a non-stop to Toronto, so I am hoping that I can take advantage of this service on our upcoming cruise.

it is has been established that one can do this either on the ship or at the port after disembarking at the Port of Miami when flying out of MIA; but the question remains, is this service available flying out of FLL when returning to the Port of Miami? has anybody done this?? thanks

Archived