Limon - Carnival's Coffee Plantation Tour

stlrboo

Curious if anyone has experienced this tour, and if its worth the $65.00 pp fee? :confused:

We haven't found anything else that correlates with our interests, but this looks somewhat interesting. Hoping for a good review, but negatives may help to change our direction. Many thanks..:p

Curious if anyone has experienced this tour, and if its worth the $65.00 pp fee? :confused:
I've had some lurkers here, but no one has tried this excursion, or wants to comment on it .. :(

I've signed up for it on April 18th, so will report back on its 'goods and bads'.. ;)

• 2 months later...

I am amazed that no one on CC has tried this excursion through Carnival... ??

I'll report back when we return, but it looks like they may cancel it if no one but the DW and I know about it..:eek: ;)

• 1 month later...

Dw and I, and about 30 others from the Liberty, thoroughly enjoyed this excursion on April 18! :)

Bus was of the smaller variety, but was almost new, and had a bathroom, wonderful seating, clean windows with curtains, and a good sound system which is always helpful when listening to the Guide. Speaking of the Guide.. She was WONDERFUL!:D Couldn't have asked for anyone better.. Had grown up in the area, and was 'working her way thru college'.. Six months to go for an Engineering degree!:p

Coffee Bean processing plant was closed (they only process coffee November thru February, I believe), but there were workers there to show us all the different operations, as well as 'cupping' etc. Owner of the Plantation/Processing Plant was also there, and answered any questions we had! Coffee is WONDEFUL, as well.. Factory Store adjacent to the factory, and we were able to purchase different quantities to be shipped back to the States, 'FREE' of charge! (Note: Their prices were somewhat cheaper than what Carnival offers onboard ship)!;)

Also stopped at a beautiful Hotel on the return trip for fresh fruits, cookies and tropical punch. All in all, a great time. DW and I both thoroughly recommend it!

Archived