How far is Burnaby from the Balentine Pier in Vancouver?

How far is Burnaby from the Ballentine Pier in Vancouver?

We are thinking about the 4* Hilton Vancouver Metrotown. We can take the Skytrain to town if needed. It will only be for one night and sounds different. Plus, I can get the hotel on Priceline for about $50.

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

Burnaby is about 30 -45 mins outside of Vancouver. Not sure exactly how far between the hotel and the pier...if you have an address, try Mapquest. It can give you an approximate driving time and distance between the points.

Carnival Victory, here I come!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;02;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

We will not be driving. We fly into the Vancouver airport and I understand the hotel is a 28 minute limo ride from the airport (not much difference to downtown). The Skytrain takes 20 minutes from Burnaby to DT Vancouver as well. I just wasn't sure which direction Burnaby was.

<MARQUEE>Are you sailing on the Mariner 7/18/04?...Click here! icon_cool.gif

or HERE! icon_wink.gif

</MARQUEE>

Disney Wonder 3/2000 ~ Disney Magic 9/2000 ~ RCI Vision 2/2001 ~ Carnival Victory 12/2001 ~ Celebrity Millennium 3/2003 ~ RCI Adventure OTS 9/2003 ~ RCI Mariner OTS 7/18/2004 ~ RCI Serenade OTS 9/26/2004

You can take the Skytrain from Metrotown to downtown Vancouver, BUT it does not stop near Ballantyne Pier. You still will have to take a taxi from one of the downtown stops to the pier. Ballantyne is in an industrial area and you really nead a car or taxi to get to it.

I'd advise getting a downtown hotel through Priceline. People have been getting 4* hotels like the Mariott Pinnacle for as little as $45 and the Hyatt for $60 - 85.

It's just not worth the hassle to be out in Metrotown if you leave from Ballantyne. Much better to be downtown with more options for dining, shopping, etc. Metrotown is just another mega shopping mall.

Ell icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2004;9;26;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

Coral Princess - Trancanal on Sept 26, 2004

Archived