Antigua - Shirley's Heights/Devils Bridge & Beach?

kellya1

Hi,

I will be stopping off in Antigua in May. I would like to see Shirley's Heights/Devils Bridge & a beach. Is this possible in one day? Are the destinations worth it? How much would a taxi cost to each place?

Thanks

Kelly

Hi,

I will be stopping off in Antigua in May. I would like to see Shirley's Heights/Devils Bridge & a beach. Is this possible in one day? Are the destinations worth it? How much would a taxi cost to each place?

Thanks

Kelly

We where in Antigua last April.2006 on the Sea Princess..did a private tour..to Shirley's Heights and Devils Bridge. The heights gave great views of the island and English harbour..(the photo that I took is know my desktop page)...the fort ruins are interesting..but it is the views..are beautiful and do have that wow factor.

As for Devils Bridge..it is ok.....the history about the is interesting...it is nice to see.

I have photos ....the link is with my signature..just look for "Antigua"..

hope that this helps...we did not go to a beach.

Hi,

We were in Antigua on December 27th, a 10-island, 14-day Princess cruise, and Antigua was definitely one of the major highlights. Yes, Nelson's Dockyard is a must-see and so is Shirley's Height, both for their historical significance and for their magnificent views. But Devil's Bridge is absolutely amazing. We were bowled over by it. You can easily do these things in the time you have. Contact Carl or Gordon at Antigua Premier Tours , gordon@antiguapremiertours.com, and tell them what you want to do, how long you have, and they will arrange it. There were four of us, very comfortable in his immaculate air-conditioned van, and it cost us $35 apiece for about 6 hours!! [Our tour included a lunch stop at Admiral's Inn, lovely] He took us to all of the places we'd pre-arranged via email, even showing us some "surprises" [as he called them] along the way. It was absolutely marvelous, well worth the money, and he is a treasure . . . courteous, professional, charming, knowledgeable . . .

I do so hope that we can return to Antigua; it is such a gorgeous island. We'd all love to see Gordon again.

Best wishes. Hope you enjoy your cruise and that you find Antigua as wonderful an island as we did. :)

GG

Archived