Wedding on Princess Cruise

Jeter2

I'm seriously considering tying the knot on a Princess Cruise. In order to share the moment with the most people, I'm leaning towards a harborside wedding while the ship is still at the embarkation port in Ft. Lauderdale. Does anyone know if this feature is available on all Princess ships at Ft. Lauderdale or a select few? Thank you!! ;)

I'm seriously considering tying the knot on a Princess Cruise. In order to share the moment with the most people, I'm leaning towards a harborside wedding while the ship is still at the embarkation port in Ft. Lauderdale. Does anyone know if this feature is available on all Princess ships at Ft. Lauderdale or a select few? Thank you!! ;)

First off --- welcome to the CC boards.

I am assuming a harborside wedding means on the ship on embarkation day.

Next... being new, you have missed probably the biggest discussion thread in the past month. You will probably want to read though this thread and the others posted by LDMAC about her experiences on the Grand Princess.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=459377

I am just providing the information.... to use as you see fit. There has not been a resolution to her complaints... to my knowledge.

But I think one thing is apparent..... an embarkation day wedding has some inherent challenges. I would think getting married the day before leaves more time wedding day and embarkation day... but of course it could not be on the ship.

Just to put things in perspective, Linda's wedding experience (horrific as it was) is the only thread I have read concerning the "very bad" with a ship's wedding.

Personally, I don't think a wedding on a cruise ship would be very manageable and could lead to potential problems. A honeymoon aboard a cruise ship could be total bliss. No arguing about where to eat, where to stay, where to go.

Weddings are difficult to arrange and pull off at the best of times without trying to do it at a busy seaport with lots of traffic. I think a cruise is a GREAT place for a honeymoon, but if it were me I'd plan to have the ceremony elsewhere. JMO.

I have seen wedding parties on board during embarkation in Ft. Lauderdale, and even got to meet one couple. They said everything was fantastic. I'd like to think the Florida company that was responsible for the previously mentioned botch-job in Galveston would be much more capable near their home base.

Welcome to the Cruise Critic boards. :)

Archived