Disembarking in Port Canaveral

tang-bailey

Can anyone tell me what to expect here with respect to getting off The Elation in Port Canaveral?

I'm trying to book a flight and want to know how long I should leave between docking at 7:00AM and actual flight departure?

THere is a flight at 11:40, is that too early?

I've only ever been at the Port in Miami and that was a fantastic experience we were off the ship and on the shuttle within 40 minutes of docking. We use self disembarkation of course.

Yes it is really cutting it close it is a LONG way to the airport from there. and even in Miami they say nothing before noon. When you dock has little to do with when customs and immigration will let anyone off.

You MIGHT make it but I would be a nervous wreck over it, leave more time if you can.

Disembarkation in Port Canaveral was the worst experience we have ever had in connection with a cruise. I don't know whether it was the port facility or the cruiseline (Carnival), but we waited for more than an hour for our bags after we left the ship. I would allow lots of time to collect your luggage and then get to the airport.

Wow - I guess RCCI must have a totally different experience from Carnival! We have always had wonderful experiences sailing through Port Canaveral. It is one of the easier ports to travel through, and the trip to/from the port to the Orlando airport is really easy!

It appears you are a Canadian, and as such, you will go through Customs in Port Canaveral. I am always hauled into the immigration office (I'm dual citizen Canadian/American), and we are still out of there within about 20 minutes.

Here are a couple of tips. Check with Carnival to see if you will have the option of self-disembarkation. We use that on Royal Caribbean and are off the boat, through Customs and on the sidewalk by 7:45 am. It is then just a 45 minute drive to the Orlando airport (plus time to either get the shuttle or pick up and drop off a rental car). Most of the cruiselines suggest that you have a flight after 12:00 noon, but my totally unprofessional opinion is that you wouldn't have any problem making an 11:40 am flight.

We live in the area, so we don't need transportation, but I have used Art's Shuttle for business purposes and have been really happy with them. They are located in Cape Canaveral. Yes, there can be delays on the toll-road between Port Canaveral and Orlando, but they are infrequent - and really only happen when there are brush fires in the summer.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your visit to our part of the world!

Guest kookylabooka

I went on the Sensation Thanksgiving weekend. Was on the Empress deck and done the self disembark thing. Quick and hassle free, only took about 35 minutes. Also, EVERYBODY goes through Customs.

Archived