Formal Night overlapping with in port time

redeemed

First cruise is coming up in a week and we are very excited! One thing that has been bothering me though is that we are in Nassau 10am - 7 pm on the day of our formal night. We would like to go to that but also desire to maximize our time in Nassau.

Our dinner seating is likely to be for 6:15pm (which on most days should be ideal with 3 small children) so I am trying to figure out what time we should head back to the ship at. Is formal night run the same way as the other nights (just fancier)? Supper is served at the same time, etc?

What is the latest we could go back to the ship in order to enjoy the formal night? Is it likely that the ship would already be in port and that we would be able to get off the ship before 10am? How long does it take to get back on the ship?

Thank you for your assistance! We leave in the morning to begin our vacation (pre cruise visit to Disney World and area) but I will hopefully be able to check for responses.

First cruise is coming up in a week and we are very excited! One thing that has been bothering me though is that we are in Nassau 10am - 7 pm on the day of our formal night. We would like to go to that but also desire to maximize our time in Nassau.

Our dinner seating is likely to be for 6:15pm (which on most days should be ideal with 3 small children) so I am trying to figure out what time we should head back to the ship at. Is formal night run the same way as the other nights (just fancier)? Supper is served at the same time, etc?

What is the latest we could go back to the ship in order to enjoy the formal night? Is it likely that the ship would already be in port and that we would be able to get off the ship before 10am? How long does it take to get back on the ship?

Thank you for your assistance! We leave in the morning to begin our vacation (pre cruise visit to Disney World and area) but I will hopefully be able to check for responses.

First off congrats on your first cruise. I know you'll have a ball! Formal night is run the same way as regular nights. The only exception is that everyone is dressed up.:D Everyone will be eating at the same time you would normally be eating at. As to what's the latest time to get back on the ship that's hard to say. It would depend on a variety of things. You have to factor in how long it would take for your family to get showered and dressed and the fact that others from your seating will be trying to get back on as well. What takes the longest to get back on the ship is the lines (security and checking back in). Unless the ship gains time then most likely you won't be able to get off any earlier than the posted times. Usually the times they list are when the ship has pulled in, been secured, and cleared to let people off. Have loads of fun and be sure to tell us how it went. Hug Mickey for me!

They do not change the seating time on formal night, it is the same as every other night.

If you want to dress up for formal night, you'll have to be back onboard in time for everyone to get ready. With 3 small kids along, that may be earlier than you think! We're never able to stay off the ship the entire day, we get tired after about 4-5 hours and when our kids were younger, they could not wait to get back onboard and go swimming.

What worked best for us was my husband would take the kids to the pool and I would get ready and organize the clothes for everyone else. It's always chaos, so be prepared for that :)

Have a great time!

Archived