Bahamas Excursions/Things to do - w/3 Year Old

mncruiser64

My husband, 3 1/2 year-old son, and I are leaving on the Carnival Elation on 2/8. We will be in Nassau one day from 7am-2pm and Freeport another from 8am-4pm. We have cruised before but it was several years ago.

We are trying to determine what to do in Nassau and Freeport given we have our son with us. We love to Snorkel and hope to leave him in Camp Carnival during one of the days and take a snorkeling tour. If time we would like to go back to the ship and pick up our son after we are done. We have several questions and am wondering if anyone can help:

• Which snorkeling excursion is the best (and in either Nassaus or Freeport) and how early in the morning do they leave
  • Do they have activities in Camp Carnival on port days or is basically babysitting?
  • If we do take a morning snorkelling tour will we have time to go back to the ship and get our son to go shopping or do anything else?
  • What other shore excursions (or other activities either on our own, or though other providers) are recommended given that we have a 3 year old?
  • Has anyone tried either of the glass bottom boat tours? Are they anygood? I'm thinking my son would like that if there are a lot of fish he could see.

We love the beach and our son does as well - just obviously not old enough to go snorkeling. We also will want to hit the shops a little bit on one of the islands, but don't need to spend a lot of time doing that. Just a quick browse through is about all we would need.

Thanks to anyone who can help provide suggestions!

My husband, 3 1/2 year-old son, and I are leaving on the Carnival Elation on 2/8. We will be in Nassau one day from 7am-2pm and Freeport another from 8am-4pm. We have cruised before but it was several years ago.

We are trying to determine what to do in Nassau and Freeport given we have our son with us. We love to Snorkel and hope to leave him in Camp Carnival during one of the days and take a snorkeling tour. If time we would like to go back to the ship and pick up our son after we are done. We have several questions and am wondering if anyone can help:

• Which snorkeling excursion is the best (and in either Nassaus or Freeport) and how early in the morning do they leave
  • Do they have activities in Camp Carnival on port days or is basically babysitting?
  • If we do take a morning snorkelling tour will we have time to go back to the ship and get our son to go shopping or do anything else?
  • What other shore excursions (or other activities either on our own, or though other providers) are recommended given that we have a 3 year old?
  • Has anyone tried either of the glass bottom boat tours? Are they anygood? I'm thinking my son would like that if there are a lot of fish he could see.

We love the beach and our son does as well - just obviously not old enough to go snorkeling. We also will want to hit the shops a little bit on one of the islands, but don't need to spend a lot of time doing that. Just a quick browse through is about all we would need.

Thanks to anyone who can help provide suggestions!

I can't answer your shipboard questions, but I can tell you that the most excursions that go out in the morning are those offered by the ship. Most other tour vendors have only afternoon tours.

You might look into stuart coves for a pick up time (www.stuartcove.com)

or the flying cloud (more of a catamaran ride than a snorkeling tour.

http://www.bahamasnet.com/flyingcloud/ Your son could probably enjoy this with you .. i't a very large boat and I see small children onboard all the time. You and hubby could take turns in the water.. or bring along a swim vest for him to enjoy the snorkeling.

Most morning tours arrive back at the dock around 1pm.. which would leave little time for you to go back to the ship to get your son.

If you are leaving the baby onboard.. I'd suggest a ship sponsored tour.. since they will not leave without you. Other tours.. you take the risk of not getting back in time.

Archived