Carnival Spirit questions

skymama

We are looking at the Carnival Spirit out of Sn Diego Feb 27th. This will be our first time on this ship and these ports. Since 80% of this ship is balconies, but looks fairly full, is there any advantage to book one located on the upper deck as opposed to the main deck, just one floor down, front or back ect. Any suggestions on which shore excursions shouldn't be missed.... I looked all over this site and found nothing about the Spirit and the mexican stops. Thanks for any help.

We are looking at the Carnival Spirit out of Sn Diego Feb 27th. This will be our first time on this ship and these ports. Since 80% of this ship is balconies, but looks fairly full, is there any advantage to book one located on the upper deck as opposed to the main deck, just one floor down, front or back ect. Any suggestions on which shore excursions shouldn't be missed.... I looked all over this site and found nothing about the Spirit and the mexican stops. Thanks for any help.

I have been on this boat twice and this run once (December, 05). I would avoid a room with a common area above you.

As far as the shore tours go, we didn't book any through Carnival. We used ShoreTrips.com. We went horseback riding onthe beach in Acapulco, and did a resort scuba course in Manzanillo. In Ixtapa, we walked around the flea market, then hopped a cab to Playa Ropa (at least I think this was the beach). If you ask the locals, they will tell you which beach to go to. We had a great view of the ship in the bay from the beach.

Joe

While I haven't been on this ship yet, we are going on the spirit on Feb 3 and are very excited... but to answer a few of your questions (not sure how helpful I can be) our travel agent said that the upper deck wasn't bad at all (this is where our balcony is) obviously I can't be sure. Also I do know from family that the cliff divers are something that shouldn't be missed in Acapulco. Hope this helps.

We're booked on the Spirit in March. We scored a good price on an aft balcony. We sailed on her a couple of years ago and had an outside cabin on the first deck, below the atrium. It was a great location, midship below the main area. One quick flight of stairs and we were in the middle of the action. No noise issues at all.

Manzanillo wil be a new port to us. The other two are terrific, do some research on the ports section of the boards. There are lots of fun things to do.

Have a great trip!

Archived