What To Do In Costa Rica With Kids

KIDS LUV CRUISIN

We have not cruised to Costa Rica but spent a week there. It has a huge variety of wildlife and if they like animals something along those lines would be good or ziplining, this is kind of a specialty in CR and it gives you a chance to see a rain forest! If your kids are really adventurous there is white water rafting, but it is not a quiet canoe ride so be aware. I would avoid the long trek to Arenal volcano. Don't get me wrong the volcano and hot springs were amazing but I think kids of that age would enjoy one of the above activities more and Arenal is a 3 hour ride one way.

Whatever you decide to do enjoy Costa Rica it is a beautiful country and the people are extraordinarily friendly.

We went on an Eco Adventure Jungle Cruise through the Costa Rican jungle. The boat takes you down a wide river where you will monkeys, sloths, alligators and types of birds. I don't remember the name of the exact tour company, so perhaps you can do a search on the Costa Rica board.

• 1 month later...

We did a zip line with Oscar Brown in Limon, Costa Rica in JAN 2007. Our 9 year old boy and 6 year old girl loved it. My daughter is very little (only 34 lbs and 41 inches tall), she had to go tandem with an instructor, but was not scared at all. She loved it. The company said she was the youngest and smallest to ever do it at their site. They give a very good safety brief and explain how to brake. My son found that he never really needed to brake and they have extra brakes on the zip line to slow you down as you near the end in case you can't seem to do it. The kids loved a stop at the animal sanctuary where they were able to hold hands with the monkeys. They thought the canal boat tour was a bit boring since we didn't see much wildlife at all, besides some local children at the end with their baby crocodiles and turtles. (Be sure to bring $1 bills to tip the children for sharing their pets and allowing you to hold them or take pictures).

Archived