Ft. Morro or Ft. San Cristobal? Which one?

farjar

On our first cruise we didn't know there were 2 forts (hadn't discovered Cruise Critic :( ) and we went to San Cristobal. I was so disappointed to see it wasn't the one that I had seen in all of the travel brochures. The next time we went to El Morro. :) Personally, I like El Morro better. I don't know why. Maybe it is because it is at the top of Old San Juan and we get to wander our way back down to the ship. The cemetary there is unusal to see, too.

Have a great time, no matter which one you see.

El Morro. That's the big one.

Puerto Rico being a catholic country, you will see cementaries in the middle of anywhere just like i saw in dublin,Ireland. For instance, in Isla Verde beach there is one between two modern condominiums.

On our first cruise we didn't know there were 2 forts (hadn't discovered Cruise Critic :( ) and we went to San Cristobal. I was so disappointed to see it wasn't the one that I had seen in all of the travel brochures. The next time we went to El Morro. :) Personally, I like El Morro better. I don't know why. Maybe it is because it is at the top of Old San Juan and we get to wander our way back down to the ship. The cemetary there is unusal to see, too.

Have a great time, no matter which one you see.

there are 3

El Morro

San Cristóbal

San Gerónimo (this one can bee seen close from the Caribe Hilton Hotel or at a distance from Condado Plaza hotel)

there are 3

El Morro

San Cristóbal

San Gerónimo (this one can bee seen close from the Caribe Hilton Hotel or at a distance from Condado Plaza hotel)

I learn something new here all the time! I will have to check this one out in April. Thanks!

Archived