Swim with the Dolphins?

alden

We took this tour last month from the Carnival Spirit. It was incredible. We'd do it again in a heartbeat.

You get in the water and they have the dolphins swim around you, so you can "pet" them. Then everyone gives them a kiss and dances with them (shake their flippers)--both Photo Ops. After that, you grab on to them as they take you on a short belly ride (basically across the width of the pool). And, finally, they put their noses to the bottom of your feet and propel you through the water. Most people came out of the water during their ride; others did not. I did not because it actually hurt the bottom of my feet to have them push on me. No one else complained about this, so it must be my sensitive feet. The one thing that did come out was due to the water pushing my bathing suit top down as I was propelled through the water. ;}

There were 10 of us in the water, with 2 dolphins (Chocho and Lluvia). For the most dolphin time, stay on one of the ends. The dolphins tended to head back to the trainers after the first couple of people touched them.

Choosing the pictures you want to buy was a bit stressful. They show all of the pictures they take on a TV monitor. When you see yourself, you write down the number of the picture. The only problem is that there were about 50 pictures of us, at a cost of around $7-10 each (I can't remember exactly how much they were). We had trouble narrowing it down because we could never remember which ones we liked best. We finally settled for a few pictures and bought the VHS Tape for $40 (the DVD was $70). We also purchased the ship's DVD for $20, since they came to this tour to film (that doesn't always happen).

There were no extra stops on this tour (to shop or eat), which thrilled my husband. We had done the Foxploration Tour in Rosarito Beach and felt that they rushed us through there, so we'd have time to shop. Personally, we'd have preferred more time at Foxploration.

Hello icruise4fun,

We are so happy to hear about your experience. We booked our excursion yesterday from Carnival Spirit and after reading your information, we know we made the right decision. We leave Friday the 26th on Carnival Spirit.

Booked an extended balcony room on the 7th floor and looking forward to getting away from the cold Minnesota weather and just plain relaxing. We both work at colleges in our hometown and we are hoping to get out of town without getting the colds and flu the students bring back to campus with them after Christmas break.

:cool: Again, thanks for the advice.

I was going to go along with my husband and son, but not go in ( In Ixtapa ) . I was going to try to take pictures of my son ( who has Down Syndrome), but I read somewhere that they won't let you take your own pictures or video. Do you know if that's true?

Thanks icruise4fun for the Delfiniti info. We booked the swim for the Ixtapa. If any one has done the Spirit from SD to Mexico cruise, can you tell me what time you disebarked in Acapulco. The schedule says we arrive at 12pm so I'm wondering how quickly we can disenbark as we have a private tour set up.

Thanks

Archived