Post-Rhapsody ship in Galveston

rburke

Not sure we will see another RCI ship until the fleet expands more.

Interesting conversation onboard last week.

Combination of fuel costs (look at a map, Rhapsody consumes lots of fuel just getting to and from first port and last port of call) and lower onboard spending habits make it a very slim profit margin sailing.

We are major Rhapsody fans (6 sailings), and a truly bummed out by the loss of RCI sailings from Texas.

we went to a cruise show yesterday and a RCCL rep said that Voyager will be in Galveston till at least April.. She gave us a date in which by then they would know what they are going to do about this.. I just cant remember the date..

Im glad we will have Voyager till at least then.. Im currently looking into going on this ship as our family trip next March..

I feel that the new Houston facility will get a Radiance class.:)

Im with you, I think so too. I sure hope we get one. Be too bad if I cant sail from home port anymore..

May is my last cruise until next year when I am going on Princess. If we dont get a Radiance class, then Im going to have to look at NCL from Houston or something from NO, or cut down my cruising to every few years since I will have to pay for air.

Oh do have one more in the works, gonna take my momma on a Transatlantic on Cunard but that will probably be 2010 since it will take me that long to be able to afford my onboard account.

Just got off Rhapsody this morning. At the C & A party it was announced that Voyager will definitely be leaving after April 2008 for Europe. However, the captain told me that there WILL be a ship replacing Voyager in Galveston he just didn't know which one yet.

hc

Archived