Mannie's Suga Suga Restaurant and Beach?

Travelin'Greg

Hey there, just wondering if anyone has gone to Mannie's Suga Suga restaurant and used the services and the beach. How are the prices at the restaurant. Their website says that tours are available at the beach for swim with the turtles and such. It's in Payne's Bay. I searched the boards and didn't find anything on it.

Thanks a lot!!!

Mannie's Suga Suga restaurant on Mullins beach is awesomer. We were there last year when we vacationed in Barbados for 8 days. You can take a public bus for US 0.75 and tell the bus driver where you want to go. He will drop you off close to Mannie's. Mannie ia a wonderful guy and so is his niece Desiree. Their food is awesome and so is their beach. Service right on the beach. Go to http://www.mullinsbeach.com and you can see what it looks like and even email Mannie with any questions you may have. My DH and I are going to see them on our February Destiny cruise. ~ Els

elsje, Could you report back after your Destiny cruise. Would love any specifics you can share, exactly where you got on and off the bus, the cost of drinks and food, chair rental availability and cost, and any other details that would be helpful for a day cruiser. Hope to hear from you in February!!

Well ~ somehow or another my post never got posted in response to Mannie's restaurant and or the bus service.

Anyway here are a few web-sites that will provide a lot of information regarding beaches, busses etc. ***** http://barbados-guide.info/getting.around http://www.barbados.org

My DH and I are going to spend the day at Mannie's and we will be taking the public bus from the bus station in the center of Bridgetown for 1.50 barbados dollar which is US 0.75 per person. The west coast has some of the calmest and nicest beaches and at Mullins beach where Suga Suga restaurant is located there are tons of watersport activities and you can snorkel right of the beach.

There is also a very nice Marine reserve with excellent snorkeling no admission fee and snorkel equipment rental and lockers are availbale along with restrooms and a small snack bar. It is in Folkstone, before Mullins beach.

You need to take the bus that says "Speighstown" (for Mannies or the marine reserve) tell the bus driver where you are going and he will remember where to drop you off.

We vacationed for 8 days in Barbados last July and we only took the public bus transportation and the people are so very helpful and friendly. It is an English speaking country and the people are proud of their island.

Hope this info helps. We are leaving on February 4th on the Destiny. I emailed Mannie and this morning I got an email from him and he has two beach chairs received for us with an umbrella and we are going to enjoy their wonderful drinks and I will enjoy their flying fish sandwich :o) ~ Els

Els, How long of a bus ride do you think it will be? Is it a scenic ride? Would love to know the cost of beach chairs and drinks when you get back.

Hi Sadie ~ I will report back with your info. I do think the beach chairs are free as long as you buy a drink. The bus route along the west coast is very pretty. Close to Mullins beach is a town called Holetown, very nice, lots of stores, restaurants etc. I can not remember how long the bus ride was ~ it all depends on the stops. We stayed in Lawrence Gap and took the bus from there so our ride was much longer then from Bridgetown. If I had to guess I would say the ride is may be 20 minutes, but again I will get back to you upon our return.

I hope you have had a chance to check out some of the web-sites I posted. The east coast of Barbados is completely different. It all depends what you are interested in. Els :o)

• 1 month later...

Archived