SPIRIT--Christmas Cruise Questions

klgallo

We have booked our reservation for the December 23 cruise out of New Orleans in a AD Penthouse suite. There are three of us--myself, my husband and our soon to be 11 year old son. After reading many of the posts I have many doubts that I hope can be cleared up by you all.

(1) How many kids are there on this ship during the Xmas Cruise? Is it so many that it may be unruly?

(2) How is the kids club crew? Are they good about getting all the kids to interact or is it glorified baby sitting and all the kids are on their own to entertain themselves?

(3) Is the food ok in the main dinning room and the specialty restaurants? Our only comparison to a big boat cruise is Princess?

(4) Is the AD Penthouse a good suite to escape the hustle and bustle during sea days?

(5) What excursions, if any, would you recommend at Costa Maya, Santa Tomas, Belize City and Cozumel?

(6) Has anybody done the hotel extensions at New Orleans? Was it worth it?

Thank you very much for your help!!

We have booked our reservation for the December 23 cruise out of New Orleans in a AD Penthouse suite. There are three of us--myself, my husband and our soon to be 11 year old son. After reading many of the posts I have many doubts that I hope can be cleared up by you all.

(1) How many kids are there on this ship during the Xmas Cruise? Is it so many that it may be unruly?

(2) How is the kids club crew? Are they good about getting all the kids to interact or is it glorified baby sitting and all the kids are on their own to entertain themselves?

(3) Is the food ok in the main dinning room and the specialty restaurants? Our only comparison to a big boat cruise is Princess?

(4) Is the AD Penthouse a good suite to escape the hustle and bustle during sea days?

(5) What excursions, if any, would you recommend at Costa Maya, Santa Tomas, Belize City and Cozumel?

(6) Has anybody done the hotel extensions at New Orleans? Was it worth it?

Thank you very much for your help!!

1) Too many, it is a school holiday. How unruly they are depends on their parents.

2) The Kids Crew aboard the Spirit gets high marks from everyone.

3) The food is better than okay in my opinion, it's greeaat!

4) Yes! All cabins with a balcony are great, suites even more so.

5) I have suggestions for Cozumel and Belize, sorry I haven't sailed to the other two ports. See my coments below.

6) Yes. An overnight stay in New Orleans is always worth it.

Belize excursions I recommend, in not particular order.

Cave tubing, snorkeling, fishing, zip lining, and Mayan ruins, seperately or in combination. The best Mayan ruin is the New River Safari to Lamani. The best Mayan ruin combos are the Altun Ha with cave tubing and Altun Ha with Belize River tour.

Cozumel excursions I recommend, in no particular order.

Shopping, beach, snorkeling, fishing, Xarcet. Tulum Mayan ruins.

Best packing tip is to pack some raincoats. It rains often down there.

Archived