thinking about century on baltic

crenata

hi,I'm Italian and I'm just back from Constellation.It was my first time on Celebrity and it was a fantastic cruise.I'm thinking about Century on Baltic next agoust.Anybody knows how is the ship and if the service is excellent like Constellation?I'm thinking about sky suite on deck 12 anybody can tell me somenthing about this stateroom?thank you

renata

Hi,

My husband and I are already booked on the 8/2 sailing. The ship was totally refurbished 50 million dollars in June. I understand it is great based on a couple of people who have sailed in the past month on Century. WE are from the United States and are very excited about the cruise. Are you travelling alone? If I hear anything else I will let you know. I understand the Sky Suites are very nice, but the balconies are not private.

Look forward to talking to you soon.

Terry

We cruised the Baltic in 2005 on Century.

She is our favorite Celebrity ship. We'll be on her again in three days for another 14 days after spending 5 weeks on her in Oct-Nov. 2006.

Okay with all of you experts I could use some help. What did you do in St. Petersburg? We are thinking of a private 2 day tour. Is there anything you think you should have done and didn't? Anything I should know about the ship? Thanks in advance for any help.

Did they set up the tour or were you able to choose where you wanted to go and the time spent there? My husband really wants to spend more time at the Hermitage than is suggested on most of the tours. Thanks for your reply

Contact Red October. They will give you proposed tours but you can customize them any way you want. They will also put you in contact with other people who may have contacted them from your cruise if you want to share a van. We did that for two days and it worked out well. Of course, you all have to agree on what you want to do. For example, we wanted to see the synagogue in St. Petersburg and the group agreed so we did that. We got to see more than the Celebrity tour because it is much more efficient to hop in your small van and go...we also decided to have a nice lunch in a restaurant and it was all arranged for us...others decide to brown bag it and go straight through the day..Please feel to e-mail me if I can be of more assistance. gsarnow@aol.com

Archived