new york cruise parking

coop1007

My family is sailing 1/28/2007 on NCL Dawn from NYC. Is there another alternative to paying $24.00 / day to park at the port. We are on an 11 night 12 day cruise and we are aware that for 8 to 30 days the parking charge is $180.00. Still more than we would like to pay. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

My family is sailing 1/28/2007 on NCL Dawn from NYC. Is there another alternative to paying $24.00 / day to park at the port. We are on an 11 night 12 day cruise and we are aware that for 8 to 30 days the parking charge is $180.00. Still more than we would like to pay. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

I know there are buses from Boston, and Providence that take you right to the pier..... Where are you coming from and maybe someone can make some additional suggestions. Parking anywhere in NY is at a premium price.

You say family, if you end up paying transportation for more than two that adds up.

The convenience of parking at the pier is worth it. Even if you find cheaper parking you still have to get you luggage to the pier, get back to the parking lot after the cruise, etc.

It is a lot less than air fare for a family to cruise from Florida and I think you just have to consider that in the convenience of cruising from NYC!

Have fun!

$180 is a steal for the parking. Parking is literally RIGHT at the pier... very convenient. We live in Connecticut only 1.5 hours from the pier and it was cheaper and more convenient for us to park at the pier than to have a car service pick us up.

Archived